Posts: 16 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Suffolk
Does anyone have experience or knowledge about the 'tactile feedback' feature of the CSSU features?

This option was greyed out when I first installed CSSU, but after reading that tactile was needed from the Git repository, I installed it via 'apt-get install tactile'. This then allowed the tactile option in CSSU settings to be enabled.

However, enabled the tactile feedback did nothing except actually stopping all vibration feedback - no vibrations at all, even for calls or texts or normal 'haptic feedback. I therefore uninstalled 'tactile' via apt-get. This unfortunately has made no difference and I still have no vibration feedback through the phone any more. I have disabled and re-enabled touch screen vibration in display settings, to no avail.
Interestingly, the tactile feedback option in CSSU features is still available (not greyed out as before I installed 'tactile') and can be enabled/disabled. Neither option makes any difference - still no vibration.

Does anyone know what is causing this and how I can get vibration support working again?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by mattkawa View Post
Does anyone have experience or knowledge about the 'tactile feedback' feature of the CSSU features?

This option was greyed out when I first installed CSSU, but after reading that tactile was needed from the Git repository, I installed it via 'apt-get install tactile'. This then allowed the tactile option in CSSU settings to be enabled.

However, enabled the tactile feedback did nothing except actually stopping all vibration feedback - no vibrations at all, even for calls or texts or normal 'haptic feedback. I therefore uninstalled 'tactile' via apt-get. This unfortunately has made no difference and I still have no vibration feedback through the phone any more. I have disabled and re-enabled touch screen vibration in display settings, to no avail.
Interestingly, the tactile feedback option in CSSU features is still available (not greyed out as before I installed 'tactile') and can be enabled/disabled. Neither option makes any difference - still no vibration.

Does anyone know what is causing this and how I can get vibration support working again?

Any advice greatly appreciated.
For fixing the error in the UI (at least) could you please post the output of:
Code:
dpkg -l | grep tactile
Search about the tactile in other threads for its status. IIRC, the work has not been completed and it hasn't integrated in the system as the developers would like it, but I don't remember anything about it not working.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Suffolk
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
For fixing the error in the UI (at least) could you please post the output of:
Code:
dpkg -l | grep tactile
Search about the tactile in other threads for its status. IIRC, the work has not been completed and it hasn't integrated in the system as the developers would like it, but I don't remember anything about it not working.
Hi Saturn.

The output I get from the code you suggest is this:
Code:
/home/user # dpkg -l | grep tactile
rc  tactile                                             2                                          Tactile feedback for the N900
/home/user #
What does that indicate?
I have checked tactile has been uninstalled by running apt-get remove tactile, which said it wasn't installed.

The Following User Says Thank You to mattkawa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by mattkawa View Post
Hi Saturn.

The output I get from the code you suggest is this:
Code:
/home/user # dpkg -l | grep tactile
rc  tactile                                             2                                          Tactile feedback for the N900
/home/user #
What does that indicate?
I have checked tactile has been uninstalled by running apt-get remove tactile, which said it wasn't installed.
Thanks, I will improve in the app the detection function.

for your case, it is uninstalled, if you have also rebooted then I don't have anything else to propose. Maybe ask this in the development thread?

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
First off, thanks to all the devs for this. I finally jumped into CSSU this past week. I suffered the same problems as everyone else (Fatal Error and all that) but fixed it by uninstalling CSS transitions tuner and copying the default transistions.ini to the right place.

My question is, is there any way to combine the CSS tuner with the CSSU features? Meaning, can I still use the tuner with the features app as well? I really like the fast transitions that the tuner provides but would still like to be able to use the features app. I'd prefer that over a manual edit of transitions.ini each time I change a theme, etc.

Thanks in advance and kudos for the work.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Hi all,

in able to fix the fatal error i have changed the lines but still the same error,
can someone post here an already edited transitions.ini file and tell me in where to place it in N900 in able to gett features work???

please upload the right transitions.ini file for people who dont know how to change it manually

best regards
ps
is it oke if i delete all the files in /usr/share/hildon/desktop/
and put a fresh transitions.ini file there??

Last edited by Ali; 2011-09-10 at 14:07.

Originally Posted by Ali View Post
Hi all,

in able to fix the fatal error i have changed the lines but still the same error,
can someone post here an already edited transitions.ini file and tell me in where to place it in N900 in able to gett features work???

please upload the right transitions.ini file for people who dont know how to change it manually

best regards
ps
is it oke if i delete all the files in /usr/share/hildon/desktop/
and put a fresh transitions.ini file there??
Sure you're in the right directory? The transitions.ini that you need to modify is in /usr/share/hildon-desktop

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
yes i know i am in the right directory and i did modify the lines but still i get this fatal error,

can someone please upload a modifided transitions.ini file here please so i can put it in /usr/share/hildon-desktop,

that should also work isn't it?

Originally Posted by Ali View Post
yes i know i am in the right directory and i did modify the lines but still i get this fatal error,

can someone please upload a modifided transitions.ini file here please so i can put it in /usr/share/hildon-desktop,

that should also work isn't it?
WARNING!! You might end up with a reboot loop and you'll need to reflash.
If you don't mind then copy the .default file over the ini.

e.g.
Code:
sudo gainroot
cd /usr/share/hildon-desktop/
mv transitions.ini.default transitions.ini
BTW, I'm working on a version of the application that will add the missing lines if the user requests it

Last edited by Saturn; 2011-09-10 at 15:47.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
Hey guys, having problems with the app as well. After reading some things here, it seems that replacing with an old transitions.ini would work best. My question is the following:

Restore wich transitions.ini file and how? I have 3 versions in /usr/share/hildon-desktop namingly transitions.ini, transitions.ini.default and transitions.ini.dpkg-old.

I almoast tried to rename the files using filebox, but I am worried this will result in an reboot loop as soon as I change name of the transitions.ini file. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

On a sidenote, I already restored the theme customizer to default theme with default transitions and restored transitions via maemodder (not sure if I had tweaked it there) but same result remains, that's why I ask And I never modded it manually yet, always via either CSSU tuner or theme customizer or maybe maemodder. Thanks in advance!