Posts: 209 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ York, Pa., USA
I agree there are a lot of threads in here that should be merged. However, I can gaurantee your going to get atleast two more Posts (today) with Engadget and N9 in the Title.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
N900 is still the King and I like it!

Nokias future though is not so rosy.....

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
Nokia is a failure and should either be good or be good at it.

First they stop caring about the N900 and now they axe the N9 which hasn't even come out yet. So much for confidence in their own products. They can't even support and promote the N900 properly.

I hate how Apple brainwashes people, but at least they don't abandon and stop supporting their products.

If only Nokia hadnt wasted their time and effort starting MeeGo OS from scratch and instead had carried on developing a good OS like Maemo... oh well!

They scrapped a proto.
If you have been following Nokia rumors for longer time there's many many devices that never see the day of light. Most devices on the bug lists now wont probably be ever out. Of course this is no Nokia specific, but for any tech company. Nokia just makes many devices and is in a very highly competitive market so they probably have more of this.

This time it just has been made a news for the general media.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Reuters: Nokia (NOK1V.HE) has ended development of its first smartphone using its new MeeGo operating system before it was ever launched, two industry sources close to the company said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7180X420110209

I hope they will start build android Phones! or better gone from Market - NOKIA is a Top1 in the Hall of shame

Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
Yawn. Old rumors. Other rumors that Nokia has dropped their first N9 prototype and has a new prototype are essentially the same as this blurb.

From the article

Ended first MeeGo phone project before launch -sources

* Company declines to comment

* Could unveil next MeeGo device later this week -analysts
Does anyone else read that as a contradiction. Apparently they are dropping the device before launch .... yet unveiling a device later this week. How the hell does that work?
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
WHAT???

just kidding (already heard that rumor)

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

Tags
cia debunked, its true, n9 is a myth, no kia, scifi, top secret