Notices

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Somewhere in Europe
I am not sure I understand what your approach would bring me. What I want is the ability to program triplets and the like. How would increasing the speed make that possible?
@anthonie: If you double the speed, then 1/2 becomes 1/4, 1/4 becomes 1/8 etc. Meaning the grid is more dense and you have more granulated timescale. Default grid is visualy 4/4 so with triplets you would have to calculate a bit in combination with the lenght of the pattern perhaps.

First let me say thank you to NightRadio for creating and more importantly, porting to our beloved N900, a tremendous piece of music-making software. Thank you for your hard work and generosity!

Here's my question regarding Sunvox development:

Regarding MIDI (and also MIDI inputs) on the Sunvox, would it be possible to to have USB-MIDI ability that most modern MIDI devices implement? (i.e., MIDI instructions get sent in via USB cables/ports and get routed to their appropriate places via software, instead of using older, dedicated MIDI cables).

I am looking to acquire a Korg padKontrol , which uses USB-MIDI. It could easily trigger the Sunvox's inputs. (Well, once the Sunvox is set up to receive MIDI input, and I eagerly await that ability!)

I am looking forward to a new, MIDI compatible interface on the Sunvox for N900! And also for the possibility of USB-MIDI compatibility (although I realize that may simply be a hardware issue in the end.)

Last edited by oldpmaguy; 2011-01-13 at 16:49.

Realy awsome application! Had to install libgles1 as mention but even if i got error message when installing libgles1 sunvox installed perfectly and seems to work.
Sweet!

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by NightRadio View Post
By the way, here is the SunVox Frequently Asked Questions:
http://www.warmplace.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1169
NightRadio,

Not only do you make this amazing program for everyone, but your music is fantastic. I am listening to City Dreams, and i cant believe how good it is. It is inspiring and exstatic and wistful. It's. for me, like the dream of flying to other planets and stars, or something. Or something like it.

just... wow.. And these filters sound like my juno 106... And another sounds like sh-101 .... just amazing.

I noticed Xorg is still drawing / updating a lot when app is minimized. Perhaps you could someday have display output pause when the app is not in foreground.

thanks for the inspiration

Thanks

This is a really well built music maker I just love the way the UI is!

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ London
Originally Posted by NightRadio View Post
SunVox v1.6 is out! Now with Maemo support.
http://www.warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox
Firstly THANK YOU to Night Radio for providing what does look like a very powerful piece of software, Now to figure out how to download and install it...

Originally Posted by sacal View Post
Download:
http://www.warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/sunvox.zip

unzip, extract sunvox_1.6_armel.deb from maemo folder and install.
I do this using my N900 right? Save the file to "My Documents" or something?

Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
If you do not have zip/unzip installed, you'll need that. Unpack the thing ...<snip>... and browse with your file manager to the unpacked sunvox folder, in there you'll find the maemo folder with a deb. Just click it and HAM should open up to get it installed.
I'm a n00b, what is "HAM" and where do I find "zip/unzip"

Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
I had a bit of trouble installing libgles1, so I ended up just picking a game that uses OpenGL (GLtron to be precise) and had libgles1 installed as a dependency of that game.

If you do not like HAM, you can of course open a terminal, cd to the folder where your deb is located and install using

Code:
dpkg -i <packagename>
Enjoy!
I can probably handle this bit when I get there.

Looking forward to exploring this package, hope someone can help me install it.

Anyone know why it doesn't appear in the application repositories, or do I not have the right catalogues enabled?

Thanks for bringing it to Maemo, but, wouldn't it be more appropriate to put it into repositories, instead of "hidden" information in some random thread?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by dragonteeth View Post
Firstly THANK YOU to Night Radio for providing what does look like a very powerful piece of software, Now to figure out how to download and install it...

I do this using my N900 right? Save the file to "My Documents" or something?
That's right.

I'm a n00b, what is "HAM" and where do I find "zip/unzip"
HAM (Hildon Application Manager) is the default program that helps you install packages on your n900. If you click a .deb file, it should automatically be started.

I can probably handle this bit when I get there.
Assuming you don't have zip/unzip installed on your n900:

Just download the SunVox package on a desktop machine, unpack it and transfer the included .deb file to your n900. Then click it from the file manager on your n900.

Edit:
(For clarity: The pàckage you download comes with all available versions (Win/Linux/Mobile, etc), not just the maemo one, so that's the reason why downloading it and unpacking it first is, well, handy...)

Looking forward to exploring this package, hope someone can help me install it.
Let's see if this works

Anyone know why it doesn't appear in the application repositories, or do I not have the right catalogues enabled?
It hasn't been pushed to the maemo repo's, so that's why you download from an external location.

Good luck!

Last edited by anthonie; 2012-03-24 at 13:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ London
It WORKS!

Strange spacey sounds swelling out of my mobile phone.

Thanks!

Tags
fasttracker, synth, tracker