Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I have suggested something more trivial but useful and cleaner to deal with transitions and desktop options:

I think we really need a better way to deal with transitions, desktop settings and theme management directly integrated in the CSSU to avoid obsolescence.

Theme Customizer is not maintained any more and using it with latest CSSU results in loosing any changes made by CSSU Features Configuration utility or any manual change.

What I would like to propose is to add more options in the default configuration menu for theme management. Not only the ability to choose a theme but also, choosing the icon pack, fonts or even a predefined transitions file. This way Theme Customizer wouldn't be needed any more.

I would also propose to update packages dependant on Theme Customizer to avoid that dependency (i.e. some icon packs) and theme packs.

Then a transitions tuning utility (such as CSSU Tuner but more fine grained) should be integrated in the setup menu of CSSU. But it's important to separate transitions tuning from any other desktop options enabled by CSSU. Maybe the thp_tweaks section could go even into another file. This way we could have packages for specific transition styles such as a Harmattan Style transitions or the dibble doddle transitions to be downloaded and selected in the configuration menu.

Finally a third item in the setup menu could be a desktop options menu, where the thp_tweaks or other options could be configured.

Hope it makes sense.

Fix virtual keyboard typing bugs!

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ philly
would be nice to control music right from the status area, wouldn't it?
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to anim1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Now that video recording seems fluid, i cannot think of something other that is as much important...

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
Portrait lock.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to arora.rohan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Oh, you brought me an idea: get rid of portrait mode. I'm always in landscape lock because the constant rotation makes me sick. Browsing and texting in portrait is eeek.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
When driving the portrait lock would come in handy..cant really use the phone in landscape mode in some situations.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arora.rohan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Italy
+1 for portrait lock

one wallpaper for all desktop (in portrait live-wallpaper not work properly )

contact search function integrated with dialpad

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to praveenchand For This Useful Post:
Reverse compatibility. Enter fix makes some pre-CSSU applications not accept it (crawl, VFU, MC), as non-reversable package this should be fixed.

Tags
cssu stable, nokia n900