Maybe someone else can set up a paypal account then when the money is raised buy a phone and send it to e-yes

The Following User Says Thank You to Sniper_swe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
ICS runs buttery smooth on that Adreno 200 sucker, the SGX530 would never be problem at all. What the problem is in the N900 is the drivers, i.e. 3d GFX rendering is broken (heavy transitions in ICS) causes the slowness.

Can be fixed however, it's a matter of software, not hardware...but think of it as a problem close to the voice calling problem (you know what I mean) .
Thats is what i meant in the first place!!
There will be no drivers out there for SGX530 on ICS ... and that can really impede the porting of ICS on N9..
most of the hardware in N9 old.. and we'll be lucky if we find/make perfect drivers for each of the component... sigh..

This is what I can do I need e-yes to send me his address I will send him my n9 64 GB and I will put my Paypal info in this thread to get me a new one if I can get close to 250 to 300$ I would be happy with that but I know I might not get that much back.

Sounds like a great idea. Great initiative from you

I will try to donate atleast 80$

Originally Posted by Sniper_swe View Post
Sounds like a great idea. Great initiative from you
I would like to know if he really thinks it's possible to put ics on the n9 because reading what other people are writing in this thread is making me think it will be really hard or impossible.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
so which i should buy??, gs2 or n9? omg im confuse

Originally Posted by Hauzer View Post
If the Motorola Milestone 2 can run Android 4.0.3, then so should the N9 right? Of course, I'm sure there will be several difficulties (such as telephony etc.), as the Milestone's default OS is purely Android, whereas this is not the case for the Nokia.

However the Milestone 2 demonstrates that ICS will work with chipset, CPU, and GPU of the Nokia N9.

P.S. I forgot to mention that ICS runs smoothly on Milestone 2 at 512MB RAM, wheras the N9 sports 1GB of RAM. ;D
You're seem to be discussing whether drivers and such will be supported for Nokia N9 on ICS, but as I mentioned in my earlier post (quoted), I stated that the Milestone 2 has the exact same specifications as the Nokia N9 (where the N9 is actually superior), yet the ICS runs smoothly on the Milestone 2.

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 1,019 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Moscow, Russia
Sorry for long silence... Last few weeks was horrible.

I wish to thank law138 for offering his n9, but Paypal-way is more simple and short now. There are long NY/Christmas holidays until 10.01.2012, seems n9 couldn't arrive before 15-20, January. Too long time for all of us

So I generated Paypal's donation link. I hope to order n9/16 soon and start to work on bootloader/kernel (I presume to use the same rootfs as for n900 for first time).

Answers and my thoughts on project coming soon, after my relocation to home city tonight

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

P.S. Especially thanks to Sniper_swe for this thread and pinging me on Twitter

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to e-yes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by e-yes View Post
Sorry for long silence... Last few weeks was horrible.

I wish to thank law138 for offering his n9, but Paypal-way is more simple and short now. There are long NY/Christmas holidays until 10.01.2012, seems n9 couldn't arrive before 15-20, January. Too long time for all of us

So I generated Paypal's donation link. I hope to order n9/16 soon and start to work on bootloader/kernel (I presume to use the same rootfs as for n900 for first time).

Answers and my thoughts on project coming soon, after my relocation to home city tonight

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

P.S. Especially thanks to Sniper_swe for this thread and pinging me on Twitter
Nice to hear from you again and that we have a paypal account to donate to.

My first donation is done! Keep them coming folks!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to latency For This Useful Post: