Posts: 44 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Somewhere on earth
from wikipedia they said n9 have fm radio and trasmitter on board. can anyone who wrote an apps for N900 do it again for N9? FM Transmitter and In-car FM Transmitter really convenience for me.

thanks

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by covid View Post
from wikipedia they said n9 have fm radio and trasmitter on board. can anyone who wrote an apps for N900 do it again for N9? FM Transmitter and In-car FM Transmitter really convenience for me.
It's not ruled out entirely, but it's not a "walk in the park" either.
Read this thread from page 3 till the end, it will explain everything
http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=3902&page=3
If you still have questions after you've read it, THEN ask there.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-03-10 at 09:57.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the link, have read it, but not being very techie I am still not entirely clear on this!

I take it from your response that (in your opinion) seeing a useable application for FM transmitter on the N9 is not very likely?

This might just sway me to getting the 808 Pureview instead of the N9. FM Transmitter is a deal breaker for me! :-)

Thanks

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by snubmoggy View Post
seeing a useable application for FM transmitter on the N9 is not very likely?
Thanks
AFAIK the transmitter is not connected to a antenna so I wouldn't hold my breath for getting any usable FM transmitter applications for N9.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by snubmoggy View Post
Thanks for the link, have read it, but not being very techie I am still not entirely clear on this!

I take it from your response that (in your opinion) seeing a useable application for FM transmitter on the N9 is not very likely?

This might just sway me to getting the 808 Pureview instead of the N9. FM Transmitter is a deal breaker for me! :-)

Thanks
As I said you're best-off asking there, "AFTER" you've read most of the thread.
The answer is that there is no 100% certainty on this yet...
If someone can donate/lend a N9 to javispedro, he may be able to rule it in/out once & for all.

There is an FM Radio app in Nokia Store, think it's called just that(might be old fashioned FM Radio).

I downloaded it yesterday, cost £1.50 and works pefect, nice simple interface too, recommended.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ London / Porto
Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
There is an FM Radio app in Nokia Store, think it's called just that(might be old fashioned FM Radio).

I downloaded it yesterday, cost £1.50 and works pefect, nice simple interface too, recommended.
That's FM Receiver. Not transmitter.

The Following User Says Thank You to H1777 For This Useful Post:
That would be an FM receiver tho.

Originally Posted by H1777 View Post
That's FM Receiver. Not transmitter.
Ah, sorry, misunderstood.

Originally Posted by timoph View Post
AFAIK the transmitter is not connected to a antenna so I wouldn't hold my breath for getting any usable FM transmitter applications for N9.
That's not a real problem , modders have a big imagination , if FM transmitter will get solved by software part , I would not hesitate to do a hardware mod with some antenna .