Notices

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
I can't access the external memory card from Panucci on my N900. The open file dialogue doesn't seem to be the standard Maemo one and doesn't have the memory card listed.

Is this a known bug? I can't find anything about it on TMO.

General question as well - should the app have got into the extras repo with this issue?

Thanks.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
The file browser looks to be based in /home for some reason. You can add a symlink to the memory card in there, which will give you access, but it does seem an overly complicated way of doing it.

It doesn't look to be a known bug (or not a reported one anyway) - there's nothing in the garage bug tracker, or in bugzilla (and why there's two separate bug trackers for it is a whole different issue). Perhaps you should file it in one of them (the packages page points to the garage tracker, so that would seem to be the preferred one).

As for whether it should have made it into extras - probably not. Having said that, I don't think the bug is serious enough to actively demote it now it has reached there.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I asked on the main Panucci thread and was told that bugs.maemo.org is now the preferred bug tracker.

It used to read memory cards.

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by cashclientel View Post
General question as well - should the app have got into the extras repo with this issue?
http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-testing...t#Non-blockers:
The extras-testing QA process shouldn't be used to delay the release of new applications and updates with minor/normal bugs or enhancement requests. These can be filed as bugs just as usual.
IMHO this is not critical (which means it's a "normal" bug), since it only affects the one use case of playing directly from SD, thus only being an issue for those using removable media. It doesn't prevent use even in that particular case, as the stock applications of the device include a file manager that can be used to move the files from the removable card to the device.

Last edited by juise-; 2010-04-07 at 14:00. Reason: My output is scrambled today, trying to fix...

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
I'm agreed the consensus this shouldn't cause a demote.

Ideally it would have been picked up in the testing process and covered. The fix is probably quite a lot of work (recode in new file dialogue menu?) and not stability affecting.

I've logged a bug on the Garage.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Last edited by cashclientel; 2010-04-07 at 14:46.

Tags
memory card, panucci