Notices

Forgive me, I'm not sure if you would prefer this as a bug report.

On my fresh n900 (nothing migrated from my n810) after installing gpodder from extras-testing and trying to launch gpodder for the first time it loads up' gives the "please wait/loading settings" then crashes after a moment.

I tried gpodder-backup --purge but the behavior remained unchanged.

trying from the command line I get:
~ $ gpodder
Error detecting libnotify server.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/gpodder", line 153, in <module>
from gpodder import gui
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/gui.py", line 93, in <module>
from gpodder.gtkui.desktop.sync import gPodderSyncUI
ImportError: No module named desktop.sync
~ $

Please let me know how I can help provide better info.

Thanks,
ashes

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
i dont like the way it handles opml files b/c when i add one and subscribe to podcast from it clears directory so i have to type in opml file again to subscribe to another.
apart from that its a great application
if you don't understand what i mean add the below opml and try subscribe to multiple podcasts from it without having to type in opml multiple times.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/opml/bbc_podcast_opml.opml

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by ashes View Post
Forgive me, I'm not sure if you would prefer this as a bug report.

On my fresh n900 (nothing migrated from my n810) after installing gpodder from extras-testing and trying to launch gpodder for the first time it loads up' gives the "please wait/loading settings" then crashes after a moment.

I tried gpodder-backup --purge but the behavior remained unchanged.

trying from the command line I get:
~ $ gpodder
File "/usr/bin/gpodder", line 153, in <module>
from gpodder import gui
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/gui.py", line 93, in <module>
from gpodder.gtkui.desktop.sync import gPodderSyncUI
ImportError: No module named desktop.sync
~ $

Please let me know how I can help provide better info.
You have to start it with the "--fremantle" switch, like this:

Code:
gpodder --fremantle

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
i dont like the way it handles opml files b/c when i add one and subscribe to podcast from it clears directory so i have to type in opml file again to subscribe to another.
apart from that its a great application
if you don't understand what i mean add the below opml and try subscribe to multiple podcasts from it without having to type in opml multiple times.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/opml/bbc_podcast_opml.opml
The list for the OPML import is a multi-selection list. Select all the podcasts you want *before* clicking on "Subscribe"

~ $ gpodder --fremantle
Creating new from file gPodder
Creating new from file gPodderEpisodes
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/gtkui/base.py:64: GtkWarning: HildonStackableWindow does not have a property called padding
self.builder.add_from_file(filename)
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/gtkui/base.py:64: GtkWarning: HildonStackableWindow does not have a property called expand
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/gtkui/base.py:64: GtkWarning: HildonStackableWindow does not have a property called fill
Creating new from file gPodderPodcasts
Creating new from file gPodderDownloads
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/gui.py:640: GtkWarning: _gtk_tree_view_column_autosize: assertion `GTK_IS_TREE_VIEW (tree_view)' failed
column.set_property('min-width', 150)
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/gui.py:641: GtkWarning: _gtk_tree_view_column_autosize: assertion `GTK_IS_TREE_VIEW (tree_view)' failed
column.set_property('max-width', 150)
File "/usr/bin/gpodder", line 167, in <module>
gui.main(options)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/gui.py", line 3179, in main
gp = gPodder(bus_name, config)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/gui.py", line 142, in __init__
BuilderWidget.__init__(self, None)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/gtkui/interface/common.py", line 70, in __init__
GtkBuilderWidget.__init__(self, gpodder.ui_folders, gpodder.textdomain, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/gtkui/base.py", line 70, in __init__
self.new()
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/gui.py", line 323, in new
self.channels = PodcastChannel.load_from_db(self.db, self.config.download_dir)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/model.py", line 118, in load_from_db
return db.load_channels(factory=cls.build_factory(downloa d_dir))
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/dbsqlite.py", line 244, in load_channels
cur = self.cursor(lock=True)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/dbsqlite.py", line 135, in cursor
return self.db.cursor()
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/dbsqlite.py", line 129, in db
self.__check_schema()
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/dbsqlite.py", line 210, in __check_schema
cur.execute("""CREATE TEMPORARY VIEW episodes_downloaded AS SELECT channel_id, COUNT(*) AS count FROM episodes WHERE state = 1 GROUP BY channel_id""")
sqlite3.OperationalError: unable to open database file
~ $

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by thp View Post
The list for the OPML import is a multi-selection list. Select all the podcasts you want *before* clicking on "Subscribe"
is there no way to save OPML directory so I can go back at a later date to subscribe to more, it would be a most welcomed feature.
i want to add i love gPodder and i'm not complaining just trying throw ideas about, even if it was never upgraded ever again i'd still be more than happy with it

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
is there no way to save OPML directory so I can go back at a later date to subscribe to more, it would be a most welcomed feature.
i want to add i love gPodder and i'm not complaining just trying throw ideas about, even if it was never upgraded ever again i'd still be more than happy with it
Ah, so you want to enter an OPML URL and then have a kind of "recent history" of OPML URLs you have entered? Makes sense. Could you add this as a feature request to https://bugs.maemo.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gPodder? Thanks

Originally Posted by ashes View Post
cur.execute("""CREATE TEMPORARY VIEW episodes_downloaded AS SELECT channel_id, COUNT(*) AS count FROM episodes WHERE state = 1 GROUP BY channel_id""")
sqlite3.OperationalError: unable to open database file
~ $
Sounds like you don't have proper permissions on ~/.config/gpodder/database.sqlite or the file is opened by someone else. Please check - maybe another gPodder instance is still running? Also, try to remove ~/.config/gpodder/ (backup any existing data in case you need it later) and start gPodder again.

Originally Posted by thp View Post
Sounds like you don't have proper permissions on ~/.config/gpodder/database.sqlite or the file is opened by someone else. Please check - maybe another gPodder instance is still running? Also, try to remove ~/.config/gpodder/ (backup any existing data in case you need it later) and start gPodder again.
Ah, thank you very much. I rebooted my n900 for good measure, rm -rf ~/.config/gpodder/ then it launched correctly.

Code:
~/.config $ rm -rf gpodder/
~/.config $ gpodder --fremantle
Creating new from file gPodder
Creating new from file gPodderEpisodes
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/gtkui/base.py:64: GtkWarning: HildonStackableWindow does not have a property called padding
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/gtkui/base.py:64: GtkWarning: HildonStackableWindow does not have a property called expand
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/gtkui/base.py:64: GtkWarning: HildonStackableWindow does not have a property called fill
Creating new from file gPodderPodcasts
Creating new from file gPodderDownloads
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/gui.py:640: GtkWarning: _gtk_tree_view_column_autosize: assertion `GTK_IS_TREE_VIEW (tree_view)' failed
  column.set_property('min-width', 150)
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/gui.py:641: GtkWarning: _gtk_tree_view_column_autosize: assertion `GTK_IS_TREE_VIEW (tree_view)' failed
  column.set_property('max-width', 150)
~/.config $

Is there a Christian podcast for the N900? I tried to search in gpodder but couldn't find one.

Tags
fremantle, gpodder, maemo 5, not android, podcast, testing