Notices

Originally Posted by magic_doc View Post
Thank you very much for this nice program!
For a long time I was not able to use it because I am an old-fashioned person who always navigates in the filesystem and therefore never created a library in xbmc.

But without having this the xbmc-remote shows no files also, the directories are empty

I just wanted to suggest that you mention this in the first post that other people can solve this problem too.

Thanks again!

CU Michael
I'm happy you like it.

Try a long-tap on "Videos" or "Music". You can also browse your files without creating a library. However, by not using xbmc's library you miss a lot of nice features.

Howdy,

It is time to get prepared for XBMC Eden. Because of this I gave Xbmcremote some finishing touches and make a 0.9 release. Highlights in this release are:

* Made Xbmcremote translatable
* Improved the connection dialog
* Added setting to keep the display lit (only on Harmattan)

The plan with 0.9 is to find all the bugs left and add a lot of translations so Xbmcremote 1.0 can be released along with XBMC 11.0.

So, if you like Xbmcremote and know a language other than the ones listed in the original post of this thread reasonably well, this is your chance to contribute to Xbmcremote! Send me an email if you want to add a Translation and I will provide you with the neccessary files.

Cheers,
Michael

The Following User Says Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
Hmm, I speak the already listed languages only... so I won't be of any help.

I don't know if I ever need the "display lit" option as a running display usually drains lots of energy. Is there any reason why you didn't implement it on Maemo? It should be possible. I use Tickstill for cocking eggs and so. It has this option to enable, maybe its source would help?

Originally Posted by Amboss View Post
I don't know if I ever need the "display lit" option as a running display usually drains lots of energy. Is there any reason why you didn't implement it on Maemo? It should be possible. I use Tickstill for cocking eggs and so. It has this option to enable, maybe its source would help?
For the N900 there are already a lot of tools to control the Display backlight without having to leave the current app (e.g. as a menu option when you click on the system tray). For the N9 there are no such plugins. Thats why I added the option there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
Hello and thank you for this excellent application!

I really like the NFC feature, however I only got it to work when Xbmcremote was already running. I wanted the application to launch when reading an xbmc: tag and automatically connect to the specified server. I solved it by creating another .desktop file telling the system what to do with xbmc: URI's and writing my own NFC tag of the type URI instead of text.

And now it works the way I want!

This will open the application for any xbmc: URI but it won't make it connect to the specified server. I only use one XBMC server and the application automatically connects to it, so for me it's not a problem.

Just thought I'd let you know

/usr/share/applications/xbmcremote_harmattan_interface.desktop
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=Xbmcremote
Icon=/usr/share/icons/hicolor/80x80/apps/xbmcremote_harmattan.png
Type=Application
Terminal=false
Exec=/usr/bin/single-instance /opt/usr/bin/xbmcremote
MimeType=x-maemo-urischeme/xbmc;
NotShowIn=X-MeeGo;

The Following User Says Thank You to thorin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
Too bad Eden beta1 crashed systematically on my Atom/ION HTPC. I'm skipping beta2 because I remember the 40 minutes it took to make a backup of the Dharma library before pludging for the upgrade. And I'm glad I did, I had to rollback to Dharma that same day.

Meanwhile, I can't test, but do you need a Portuguese localization? I've sent a PM.

Originally Posted by thorin View Post
Hello and thank you for this excellent application!

I really like the NFC feature, however I only got it to work when Xbmcremote was already running. I wanted the application to launch when reading an xbmc: tag and automatically connect to the specified server. I solved it by creating another .desktop file telling the system what to do with xbmc: URI's and writing my own NFC tag of the type URI instead of text.

And now it works the way I want!

This will open the application for any xbmc: URI but it won't make it connect to the specified server. I only use one XBMC server and the application automatically connects to it, so for me it's not a problem.

Just thought I'd let you know

/usr/share/applications/xbmcremote_harmattan_interface.desktop
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=Xbmcremote
Icon=/usr/share/icons/hicolor/80x80/apps/xbmcremote_harmattan.png
Type=Application
Terminal=false
Exec=/usr/bin/single-instance /opt/usr/bin/xbmcremote
MimeType=x-maemo-urischeme/xbmc;
NotShowIn=X-MeeGo;
Awesome! I'll add this to the desktop file and see how to get the complete uri to connect to the correct one.

Thanks a lot

EDIT: Btw. nice to know someone is actually using the NFC feature. I really thought I did that one for nothing

Originally Posted by tigas View Post
Too bad Eden beta1 crashed systematically on my Atom/ION HTPC. I'm skipping beta2 because I remember the 40 minutes it took to make a backup of the Dharma library before pludging for the upgrade. And I'm glad I did, I had to rollback to Dharma that same day.
Strange. I've compiled xbmc from source a week ago and it runs rock solid here. There are, however very serious issues with the latest nvidia driver on Linux. I've downgraded that one to version 280.13. That solved all the crashes for me.

Originally Posted by tigas View Post
Meanwhile, I can't test, but do you need a Portuguese localization? I've sent a PM.
Sure! Drop me an email or PM with your mail address so I can send you the translation files.

Originally Posted by mzanetti View Post
Awesome! I'll add this to the desktop file and see how to get the complete uri to connect to the correct one.

Thanks a lot

EDIT: Btw. nice to know someone is actually using the NFC feature. I really thought I did that one for nothing

Glad you liked it

I found the information I needed here:
http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/docs/...50ZW50YWN0aW9u
When started this way, apparently the URI will be given as a parameter.

The feature would be even more awesome if there was a way of bypassing the confirmation screen that appears. Now you still have to press a button on the screen before launch.

I have no idea if it's possible though

The Following User Says Thank You to thorin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thorin View Post
Glad you liked it

I found the information I needed here:
http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/docs/...50ZW50YWN0aW9u
When started this way, apparently the URI will be given as a parameter.

The feature would be even more awesome if there was a way of bypassing the confirmation screen that appears. Now you still have to press a button on the screen before launch.

I have no idea if it's possible though
Yes sure. Now that it actually works how I immagined it from the beginning I'll polish it. So far I didn't put much effort in this feature because I didn't think it is actually used.

Thanks for the info.