Posts: 58 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Palo Alto, CA
I am working on both Fennec and Flash. We are having discussions with Mozilla and with Adobe. Technically, there is no problem here - it is more business issues. For Flash, it has to undergo certification via Adobe. Let's see if we can get it.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to jolo For This Useful Post:
Hmm... Flash 10 or not. As long as its a mobile browser I'm not satisfied with it. I much preferred MicroB with Flash 9. Just sayin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garcel For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by jolo View Post
I am working on both Fennec and Flash. We are having discussions with Mozilla and with Adobe. Technically, there is no problem here - it is more business issues. For Flash, it has to undergo certification via Adobe. Let's see if we can get it.
I don't get how Mozilla's able to make this possible through discussions with Adobe?
*edit*
Just realised you may in-fact be speaking on behalf of Nokia, not Mozilla, my bad.

It comes down to Nokia being ready to fork-out $ for a binary for Harmattan.
Nothing to do with "sweet nothings" Mozilla may whisper in Adobe's ear.

Can you elaborate on how you plan to pull-this-off please?

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-07-13 at 10:04.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Confederatio Helvetica
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Can you elaborate on how you plan to pull-this-off please?
I would be satisfied with a simple yes/no answer...

The Following User Says Thank You to rentze For This Useful Post:
Yeah... of course
But if it's a "no" I'd want an accompanying explanation as-to-why, to help satiate my rage

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-07-13 at 10:22.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Palo Alto, CA
N9 browser is a fast, mobile browser. Fennec is a full featured browser. We are attempting to get the Adobe Flash app certified for use with Fennec. This would allow users to install Fennec and have flash for it. People who don't want/don't care about Flash can use the N9 browser. We have it working already, but just need to get it certified.

The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to jolo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
that is a perfect solution! let the customer/user decide whether he needs adobe flash or not. Lets hope you really get it certified!

EDIT:

We have it working already, but just need to get it certified.
is it near final?

Last edited by zymo; 2011-07-13 at 15:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to zymo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
N9 browser is a fast, mobile browser. Fennec is a full featured browser. We are attempting to get the Adobe Flash app certified for use with Fennec. This would allow users to install Fennec and have flash for it. People who don't want/don't care about Flash can use the N9 browser. We have it working already, but just need to get it certified.
Any way we can help (by keeping silent or else )?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
One of the (former) devs was suggesting that fennec + signed/certified binary could be purchasable by end-user from nokia store.
This would avoid greater expenditure on Nokia's part, but still give end-users the option for recent version/s of flash.

Of course the ideal solution is for Nokia to broker something directly for all Harmattan users.
But this might also be another way to go.....

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Anybody else feeling a sense of deja vu with Flash 10 & the N900 i.e. Abode had it working but Nokia would never actually pay for the rights to allow it's use on the phone?

Unless Nokia relent and it appears on the N9 on day one of its release I sense it will never appear.

Tags
desperation, flash dance