Active Topics

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
There is Stellarium SFM on openrepos, which runs smooth on Sailfish X.
There is just a short error message (probably a timeout from Sailfish) when starting but after this, everything works like it should.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
The application (v0.9) installs properly on Sailfish X but it fails to run: the app starts and immediately minimizes to the home screen. Anyone else having this issue?

Launching from terminal indicates missing files and a segmentation fault:

Same issue with the safe-mode (stellarium-sf -s).
Where did you get version 0.9? I have package version 0.3-1 from openrepos (which actually reports itself as 0.2 in the application "About box").

And that version starts ok from the icon or terminal on SailfishX on my Xperia X, btw.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
@robthebold You have Stellarium SFM. Before this fabulous piece of software, there was a different one, called Stellarium SF. This wasn't in openrepos. But you could download it from github. This version stopped working long time ago (I think since SF 2.x). Thank God (or better to say Mara) Stellarum came to Open Repos. All could be read in this thread (it isn't that long).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Oh, great, thanks for your answers. I'll try that then. I confirm I am using a version I downloaded from a github repository a long time ago, and never questioned whether there was another version on Openrepos because I remembered the one I downloaded was not actively developed but was a solution since nothing else was available at the time. Didn't know someone else picked up on maintaining Stellarium for Sailfish.

stellarium-sf still runs on my Jolla C though, and it is only one SFOS upgrade late, so maybe stellarium-sf stopped working with SFOS3 but not with the early 2.x.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
[...]
stellarium-sf still runs on my Jolla C though, and it is only one SFOS upgrade late, so maybe stellarium-sf stopped working with SFOS3 but not with the early 2.x.
Both work under SFOS 2.2.1.18 (the last SFOS 2 release) on my Jolla 1 phone (with the flaws stellarium-sf always showed on SFOS 2).
Still, stellarium-sfm works much better, IMO there is no reason to install the old stellarium-sf.

P.S.: Taking the chance to say, "Thank you Mara!"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Ok, than it probably stopped working not with a 2.x version, but when I switched to SailfishX.

Tags
crash, question, stellarium