Is there a way to change the screenshot-tool button, or a way to add buttons in open slots?

I want to run sleep5; mtpaint -s instead

Originally Posted by chicken_soup2 View Post
Is there a way to change the screenshot-tool button, or a way to add buttons in open slots?

I want to run sleep5; mtpaint -s instead
No and no. It is planned to support user-defined buttons and widgets to launch commands but nothing yet.

Code:
/usr/bin/screenshot-tool -q %s && chown user %s
ASUI looks for /usr/bin/screenshot-tool to enable the button and then calls that command, replacing both instances of %s with the dated filename it generates. For now you could write a script at that location and have it invoke mtpaint. The delay is handled by ASUI so don't put the sleep in there.

I can add a selector in asui-settings to change between various screenshot tools. Does mtpaint support a user-defined filename?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
nah, it doesn't, but I was able to write a script as you suggested, and everything works exactly like i wanted now

ASUI now has an audio lock button, although it can be used for any app you want to control while the screen is locked. Download the test binary for ASUI and asui-settings if you want to try it out.

Profiles can be added to /etc/asui-audio-lock-profiles and the audio lock button in ASUI shows current profile. Tapping the button cycles through the installed profiles (each program gets its own key bindings) and a long press locks&blanks the display and puts ASUI in audio lock mode. When a key is pressed, ASUI invokes the action bound to the key and then blanks the display based on the timeout set in asui-settings.

ASUI won't include any profiles but the convenience script will have a new command to download profiles from the website, so "asui getprofile xmms" would download and install the xmms profile I put on the site. And another command to remove profiles, so your audio lock list only has the apps you use. It will also ignore files beginning with a period so you can hide profiles you aren't using but don't want to remove. Neither of these commands are ready yet.

All keys available on the n800 can be bound, except for the secondary key you use to unlock. The dpad and menu key can be used on the n810 if your keyboard is open but the keyboard keys can't be bound. Right now it can only execute commands but will soon be able to call dbus methods. Any key that is not bound will be ignored. I might also add a pass-through action so the key will be sent to the top window for programs that can't be controlled with a command or dbus.

Device auto-lock will be disabled while audio lock is active but isn't ready yet.

Here is the xmms profile:
Code:
plus exec su - user -c 'xmmsctrl next'
minus exec su - user -c 'xmmsctrl previous'
fullscreen exec su - user -c 'xmmsctrl pause'
Just create a file called "xmms" in the profile directory, put those lines in it and kill ASUI. The convenience script will be able to reload the audio button without restarting ASUI but doesn't yet. The profiles can be modified without restarting ASUI because it loads the profile each time you enter audio lock mode.

Do you know of any case where it should execute commands as root (as it does now)? I'm thinking about changing EXEC to run the commands as user so the su wrapper isn't needed. Or it could have EXEC-ROOT to run commands as root and EXEC would run as user. What do you think?

Any ideas to improve it or any noticeable problems? Do you know of any commands or dbus methods for audio programs other than xmms?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 99 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
Do you know of any commands or dbus methods for audio programs other than xmms?
There's mpd/mpc but I don't know if anyone uses that on N8[01]0.

Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
Do you know of any commands or dbus methods for audio programs other than xmms?
To control the in-built one, you can look at my bad widget (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66461) and http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=41608

As wnd says, there's also mpd. The original powerlaunch was known for its ability to control mpd

The Following User Says Thank You to jstokes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Wow. I feel so far behind on this project now that I finally got around to installing it today.

Okay. So already I don't get it.

I have the status bar icon for it. Above this the color keeps changing from yellow to blue and back again.

If I click or double click the icon, it turns gray for a half second then back to the way it was before.

Clicking or even double clicking the power button does nothing either anymore. I can no longer lock my screen.

Selecting ASUI from the Application Menu does nothing.

My MCE.ini has been altered before installing this just to let you know.

I haven't changed one default setting with the ASUI Settings.

I think I have version 0.5.9.

Neato app! But what is it supposed to do? *lol*

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Wow. I feel so far behind on this project now that I finally got around to installing it today.

Okay. So already I don't get it.

I have the status bar icon for it. Above this the color keeps changing from yellow to blue and back again.

If I click or double click the icon, it turns gray for a half second then back to the way it was before.

Clicking or even double clicking the power button does nothing either anymore. I can no longer lock my screen.

Selecting ASUI from the Application Menu does nothing.

My MCE.ini has been altered before installing this just to let you know.

I haven't changed one default setting with the ASUI Settings.

I think I have version 0.5.9.

Neato app! But what is it supposed to do? *lol*
Try starting it from xterm as root (type advanced-systemui) to see if it segfaults or works.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
Try starting it from xterm as root (type advanced-systemui) to see if it segfaults or works.
Run that command as root. If it works, then kill it with ctrl-C and start the service "/etc/init.d/advanced-systemui start".

Or run the asui-settings icon it installed, tap the services button and start ASUI from there (right at the top of that section).

It sometimes has problems starting when first installed or upgraded. Rebooting or manually starting it from asui-settings should work.

Just thought of this but 0.5.9 won't work if you don't have CSSU installed. If this is the case then run "asui dit; asui dis; asui da" as root and then follow the steps above and it will work without installing CSSU.

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hiya auouymous!

Okay, so first, yeah, I'm using CCSU.

Well, I did advanced-systemui as root in Xterm.

The status bar icon changed to some battery thingy.

I clicked on that icon and it brought up your neato app.

The first thing I did was click on Desktop to go back there.

Then, just like that, I got the white screen of death (3+minutes).

I yanked the battery out.

I did get your super awesome looking charging screen.

I powered back on.

My screen is back to looking exactly how I posted earlier.

Only this time, my touch screen doesn't respond to anything.

Also, my power button is dead as well.

I can't do a single thing with my tablet any more.

At least I find this somewhat funny.

Tags
bada blows, bada rox