Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Hi guys,

Are there any Turkish Jolla users over here?
If so, I would like to suggest all users to join the unofficial Jolla translation project to have Turkish as a Language as well...

Right now, I've requested the language. So I hope it will be available soon

https://www.transifex.com/kenya888/u...-translations/

Thank you everybody!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
No one?....

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Turkey
Since jolla is not sold in here and the burden of official processes to be able to use a phone bought from abroad, i don't think the topic will reach its goal. I haven't met anyone who even recognizes n900 or MeeGo yet.

Originally Posted by herdem09 View Post
Since jolla is not sold in here and the burden of official processes to be able to use a phone bought from abroad, i don't think the topic will reach its goal. I haven't met anyone who even recognizes n900 or MeeGo yet.
I myself don't live jn Turkey as well, doesn't mean there aren't any Turkish people using Jolla.

The N9 was sold officially in Turkey by the way...

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Originally Posted by herdem09 View Post

you need to get more people and time to meet new people around, well that such a sign

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
question is, how to try translation on the phone?
I'm not from Turkey obviously and I don't know anyone here who has Jolla. Also, I wanted to do translation a long time ago when things just started but never got any replay from Jolla.
But the thing is, croatian is quite complicated for translation because we need to use a lot more words to make a meaningful translation and that is the problem on small screens. Also, translating just string without seeing the whole context can end up pretty bad. I did translation for guayadeque a long time ago and it was very difficult. So translation for the whole OS can be just way more difficult but if I decide to get into it I would like to do it the best I can (for no one ATM but maybe jolla can/will use that later on) but without the way to try that on the phone I'm not even willing to start the project.