Active Topics

Originally Posted by jleholeho View Post
rm: can't remove '/var/lib/dpkg/lock': No suchfile or directory
killall pkgmgrd; apt-get update

would first kill the package manager daemon, then run apt-get update.

apt-get update done this time but Search app still doesn't work...
apt-get update updates the local package index with the latest changes made in repositories. It will never fix a misbehaving application since it doesn't even touch any application files.

keyboard emerges immediately as usually but the little circle keeps running without any result and no files show up as before
The Search application doesn't get the results from Tracker. Try running

tracker-control

to see what the Tracker is doing. It should probably find processes for tracker-store and tracker-miner-fs and the Store and Miners should report their statuses.

However, this is getting off topic. The Search application won't get broken by changing the theme but is a separate issue and thus should be troubleshooted elsewhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vesuri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
alright, I never blamed your mod, it's probably because I noticed the Search not working just after I set magenta theme...
what do you suggest though?
thanks a lot, gonna try that...

Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
I'm really sorry I'm messing with off topic things, let me please finish this..
tracker:
tracker-control
Found 224 PIDs…
Found process ID 1386 for 'tracker-store'

Store:
27 Jul 2012, 00:41:34: ✓ Store - Idle

Miners:
27 Jul 2012, 00:41:34: ✓ Applications - Idle
27 Jul 2012, 00:41:34: ✓ Userguides - Idle
27 Jul 2012, 00:41:35: ✓ File System - Idle

Search still not working...

Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
working good with my theme: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...76#post1238876

I would like to know how to call dependencies from this app to publish to ovi store my theme

Originally Posted by flotron View Post
working good with my theme: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...76#post1238876

I would like to know how to call dependencies from this app to publish to ovi store my theme
Unfortunately dependencies to/between Store applications are not supported or possible.

There's an example theme package on the Theme settings support page with source that contains an application which checks during installation whether Theme settings is installed or not and if not, asks the user whether to open the Store to install Theme settings. The package is also such that it should pass the Store QA process and show up properly in the Package Manager. Theme packages could be based on this package.

Last edited by Vesuri; 2012-07-27 at 12:07.

After making the application "Theme settings" available for a week Nokia Store QA has decided to remove it from the Store:

We will be unpublishing your content, Theme settings, from the Nokia Store for the following reason(s):

Themes are not supported and files that modify system functionality are not permitted on Nokia Store.
The following response has been sent to the Store QA:

Please put the application back into the Store immediately since the reasons given for unpublishing are not valid.
  1. "Themes are not supported" is not true because ANY user can run the command "gconftool --set --type string /meegotouch/theme/name pelle" to set the theme name to pelle. The only thing this application does is it offers an user interface for this instead of typing this on the command line. An application that sets the value of a GConf key just cannot violate any content guidelines.
  2. "Files that modify system functionality are not permitted on Nokia Store" is not a valid reason since there are NUMEROUS applications "modifying system functionality" in the Store. There are applications for modifying how calls are answered, applications that modify the contents of the standby screen and so on. They "modify system functionality" even more as this application does. THE ONLY THING THIS APPLICATION DOES IS SETS THE VALUE OF A GCONF KEY.
  3. The application passed the QA just fine, was available for some time and got very positive feedback from users.
Since Nokia Store QA has a proven history of failing packages for absolutely no real reason this wasn't such a surprise, but since they decided to unpublish the content altogether this may be a more difficult case. There's nothing more the author can do about this issue, so please don't ask. Someone mentioned a non-Store application called Theme changer which may suit your purposes. (You may want to let Nokia Store/Developer Support know what you think about such a decision but that's up to you.)

Last edited by Vesuri; 2012-08-02 at 16:04.

Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
Hi Vesuri, i think that QA decide to remove "theme settings" since i tried to publish my theme that depends from your app.

There is no logical reason:

QA reason: "Themes are notsupported on the MeeGo platform"

I tried two times but they refuse to approve it

Sorry that my theme maybe impact with you

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
I'll be firing an email to Nokia Store regarding this too...I hope everyone here is able to express their outrage to Nokia Store so that they re-instate Theme Settings just like they did for coderus' extra accounts plugin...

Edit: Sent my mail...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-08-02 at 16:45.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Vesuri, why not release this as a community project or hide theme settings in the next version of Homescreen settings?

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
fight behind the scene...
OVI killed many good apps, themes....not just on meego/maemo but on s60 too...even more there than anywhere else..
so, let's make ovi incompatible with us...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wook_sf For This Useful Post: