Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
what capacity charger should i get for a 1500 mah battery and what capacity charger is recomended for stock battery ?
what if i paste two 1500mah battreys ?
At least 1amp (1000mA) charger I think the stock 1.2amp(1200mA) is about all that the N900 will do internally.

I have been using double-Scud mod battery packs with a Mugen cover I about 3200mA/h capacity new and drops to about 3000mA/h after a few years, even though double battery the charging still maxes out at the N900's charge controller maximum speed around 1.2A(1200mA).

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
At least 1amp (1000mA) charger I think the stock 1.2amp(1200mA) is about all that the N900 will do internally.

I have been using double-Scud mod battery packs with a Mugen cover I about 3200mA/h capacity new and drops to about 3000mA/h after a few years, even though double battery the charging still maxes out at the N900's charge controller maximum speed around 1.2A(1200mA).
actually i lost my charger i.e forgot plugged in at the station
got a 500ma for now and its awful all the time device using more power than pc appears even overnight charging is fruitless
i got a 1500mah battery.
so what should i get for optimal perfomance and battrey longetivty ?
the bedside device uses the stock battrey which is going down so thinking to replace it with 2 1500mah batreys as i am fedup recharging it over and over .
what charger should be used ?
give me some specs that i should look for on the packet and hints tipsif any
thanx

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
give me some specs
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...08#post1442908

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Argentina
Ok, I have some crappy problem.

I had the stock Nokia battery nicely calibrated, and then I got this other stock Nokia battery (BL-5J) for a few bucks. I tested it, and then the total mAh bme reported diminished on 100. Now I changed it again for the original, and I had another -100.
Can a calibrate both and interchange them once in a while without screwing the values?

The Following User Says Thank You to jmo707 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by jmo707 View Post
Can a calibrate both and interchange them once in a while without screwing the values?
Are they the same age, or do they have very similar ACTUAL capacities (as opposed to spec'd capacity)?

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Argentina
Their specs are the same, but it's not possible for me to know if the new one as the capacity it claims (yet) The old one had a little less of his spec capacity the last time I run through a calibration cicle (1273 over the 1320 claimed)

What you are implying is that if they don't have the same or similar capacity there is no way to hold on a value for each of them?

Originally Posted by jmo707 View Post
Their specs are the same, but it's not possible for me to know if the new one as the capacity it claims (yet) The old one had a little less of his spec capacity the last time I run through a calibration cicle (1273 over the 1320 claimed)

What you are implying is that if they don't have the same or similar capacity there is no way to hold on a value for each of them?
I believe that is what will happen, it will trigger a calibration needed.

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, Espańa
Hey guys,

A little help required please (this may have already been asked, I have searched and got blinded by science!)...any info gratefully received.

Quick run down of hardware;

Mains charger in use: Nokia AC-10x ~ Output: (DC 5.0v) 1200mA

New battery: Polarcell 1500mAh (5800XM) from the link here on this very thread.

(Nokia N900 with CSSU testing)

On a full charge, the phone's built in battery app shows 95% (led is also solid green) but the phone reports the battery is fully charged and the battery app 'mAh' reading shows only 1278mAh, the battery is now on it's second charge/discharge cycle.

Today, I've noted that from about midday, (discharging/phone on) the battery reported 80% charge. Checking 12 hours later, the battery is at 70% charge. There are no apps running, my SIM is inserted and getting good signal.

I also have a Nokia AC-6x mains charger, rated at 550ma - would this be a more sensible option for charging to begin with?, do I have a defective/old stock battery?

Regards,

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, Espańa
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
ordered this boy bad, hopefully be here in a couple of days

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PolarCell-...item5ae5cc9046
Hi,
how are you getting on with your Polarcell battery?, I bought one from the same eBay shop. On a full charge, the standard battery app showed 1278mAh. Did you note what mAh your N900 displayed with the new battery?

Regards,

Originally Posted by Markkyboy View Post
... the battery is now on it's second charge/discharge cycle.
I would not say your idle discharge rate is excessive. Did you let the phone switch itself off with the first discharge?

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc