http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_epic...tures-3410.php

How cool is this phone?
The only problem is that is cdma, not working as a phone on my country, Iīm paying really cheap because of that...
So, my n900 is still my smartphone, but this one is my new playground/business device
What you all think?

Its a galaxy S with a keyboard

Just perfect
I will only miss a tv-out

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
You are moving from Maemo to android and you are just missing the tv-out??!

...sigh

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Why do you want to buy a phone and use it like a tablet/microcomputer while you already have a real micro computer in your hands
If you just need an android tablet to play around . I suggest to buy a cheap chinese tablet >)
I just buy a 7inch android tablet with Cortex a8 1Ghz, 512 Mb DDR3 ram and Mali-400 , multti touch capacitive screen (5 points ) , 2160p video support . I really enjoy it because of the low price ( 120 USD) . It can play almost all of 3d game for android "smootlly"

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
I don't like the design! it's a little bit girlish..... no offense by the way.

That has been the best [qwerty] phone for many months now. Its still relevant/not outdated, especially when customized.

Software: less battery use, enhanced features (GPS, Voodoo, , ), O'C to 1.3GHz, Android 2.3.7 root and custom boot
MIUI ROM: most intuitive with eye candy and highly customizable
Games: Apps, flash, emulators
Peripherals: GameGripper, Sixaxis, TV-out Headjack, Wireless Mouse

If it had gsm, I would've bought it ages ago. But now I've moved from qwerty-sliders to large slabs with pen (yes I'm talking about the NOTE).

Even greater is the Nokia N9 (no I mean the true successor meant to debut in 2010)

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Doesn't look dead to me, your n900. You mind if I try and give it some first aid? :P

N900 - A Different Class

Originally Posted by soleil View Post
Why do you want to buy a phone and use it like a tablet/microcomputer while you already have a real micro computer in your hands
If you just need an android tablet to play around . I suggest to buy a cheap chinese tablet >)
I just buy a 7inch android tablet with Cortex a8 1Ghz, 512 Mb DDR3 ram and Mali-400 , multti touch capacitive screen (5 points ) , 2160p video support . I really enjoy it because of the low price ( 120 USD) . It can play almost all of 3d game for android "smootlly"
I got this phone for less than 200usd here in brazil cause we donīt use cdma anymore, so I think worth more buy a samsung than a cheap chinese tablet! and for me the keyboard is everything, and I really miss good games, I love maemo, but we donīt have more new apps and games anymore,

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
Forget that phone. The Samsung i927 is the only one I'd consider hardware-wise as a N900 alternative (NOT killer). But on the software side, dude, it's still Android. No sale for me until Maemo/Mer can be made to run on it - which shouldn't be impossible considering it has an open bootloader.

The Following User Says Thank You to bocephus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by amadeukaos View Post
I love maemo, but we donīt have more new apps and games anymore,
Apps will continue to come, just not at the same pace as when it was the brand new thing. Are you missing an app? Post a request, and someone may just take you up on it.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/