Active Topics

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
or we can take cordia whack it on top of mer and make that the new nemo :P i just love the maemo GUI tbh, the sheer freedom of it, and even though Android is fairly similiar it still doesn't feel like a mini computer
there is a hildon UI branch in lipstick better contribute on that project to share more stuff with harmattan, sailfish and so on. We don't need yet another fork. What we need is cooperation between KDE/Sailfish/Qt with existing code base.

https://plus.google.com/107555540696...ts/Rqz73mpgKJa

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
How much of what Nokia's now announced with the back covers for the 925 and 1020 are close to what Jolla's Other Half is also aiming for. And if Nokia is pivoting towards a similar ideology, does that make the potential for what Jolla can do better or worse for their prospects?

Got to admit, no one in this thread (that I've read) came with the idea of a camera rear like what was just seen with the 1020. That's not a bad idea. Anyone wanna float out what other things are now possible since the imagination has been stroked a bit more?

The Following User Says Thank You to ARJWright For This Useful Post:
i need that 1020 camera as jolla the other half

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to youmeego For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ARJWright View Post
How much of what Nokia's now announced with the back covers for the 925 and 1020 are close to what Jolla's Other Half is also aiming for. And if Nokia is pivoting towards a similar ideology, does that make the potential for what Jolla can do better or worse for their prospects?

Got to admit, no one in this thread (that I've read) came with the idea of a camera rear like what was just seen with the 1020. That's not a bad idea. Anyone wanna float out what other things are now possible since the imagination has been stroked a bit more?
I know there was some discussion about camera backcover even Dillon talked bout it. BUT there is no way they can compete with Nokias camera phones. They have no way near of that R&D resources. We should be glad if the internal camera sensor can compete with N9 :/ My guess is the camera is some China crap sensor not even Carl Zeiss.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Looking at the camera tech unveiled for the Lumia 1020 makes me cry a little. That device should be running Meego

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NokiaFanatic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
It would be nice if one could use different standarts with the "other half" : gsm, american mobile, lte, wimax, satelite phone etc.
Barnabas Collins

The Following User Says Thank You to kollin For This Useful Post:
somebody please fix that Lumia 1020 press image replacing with Sailfish homescreen

The Following User Says Thank You to youmeego For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
somebody please fix that Lumia 1020 press image replacing with Sailfish homescreen
Agreed! That phone should be running MeeGo or SailfishOS. *grumble*

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

just wonder what nokia has on pipe on NWC 2013 a cameraphone runing sailfishos?

ohh I forgot nokia managment is not smart... So forget what I just wrote

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-07-13 at 18:21.

Tags
half-assed?, irfmtransceiver, jolla, the other half, voting for nemo