Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
I never had problems connecting to WLAN with the 770. It even finds LANs which my laptop cannot detect.

Originally Posted by henry
My wifi router (Sitecom WL-114) is located in the living room on ground floor. I can connect from the second floor with the 770 without any problem.
I've exactly the same problem, with a D-LINK ROUTER.

Also N9500 work perfectly in the same place and same moment, when instead N770 doesn't work at all.

How to say !....

This is really a shame, as use of tablet it's totally OUT in some areas of the house.

Rgds

Originally Posted by Strawberry
I've exactly the same problem, with a D-LINK ROUTER.
Which one ?

Poor connection trough wifi. It's totally hard to listen/transmit on wifi, where a N9500 work, this tablet NOT WORK, or often has a small capacity to maintain a link on wifi.

Bye

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
I too have had zero problems with connecting and staying connected all over our three-story house (well, I haven't tried in the basement yet), with a Linksys WAP on the second-floor at one end of the house.

BTW, I bought this WAP for $27, so it's not like it's the top of the line.

And I too have noticed that the 770 picks up far more WiFinetworks than my IBM Thinkpad.

Originally Posted by RogerS
I too have had zero problems with connecting and staying connected all over our three-story house (well, I haven't tried in the basement yet), with a Linksys WAP on the second-floor at one end of the house.

BTW, I bought this WAP for $27, so it's not like it's the top of the line.

And I too have noticed that the 770 picks up far more WiFinetworks than my IBM Thinkpad.
And the same with my iBook. The 770 finds a Netgear and Airport close by which the iBook hasn't spotted.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by Strawberry
Poor connection trough wifi. It's totally hard to listen/transmit on wifi, where a N9500 work, this tablet NOT WORK, or often has a small capacity to maintain a link on wifi.
You mentioned some d-link access point. Can you give its model number?

No problems at home, occasionally have problems getting a connection at work but nothing that a few more tries doesn't fix.

To get connected is sometimes a bit quirky, at least with my router (Buffalo). I first assumed it has something to do with range to AP, but now I believe it has nothing to do with it, it does the same whether the range. Sometimes it needs several retries to get connected. After initial struggle, it usually keeps connection well. I have had best odds (0-2 retry needs), if I enable wlan first using connection manager before opening browser. If I open browser first (wlan off), it needs half of dozen retries, before I have stable connection. This is pure empiric testing, don't have any ideas why.
Maybe this is the reason for Mobile Gazette's assumption: You first try it in 10 meters range:not working, second try 5 meters: not working, third 1 meter: working. Assumption:Range problem.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Oakland, Ca
Just got my 770 Saturday. Connects flawlessly to my network (D-Link). Works great except.....when going to other parts of town, my device sees other open/unlocked wi-fi networks, connects to these networks (per the connection manager), however, when trying to surf the web, states "network problem". I am unable to surf the web. This has happened to atleast 30-40 wi-fi networks. Any suggestions ?

Cheers,

Greg