Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Blessn900 has no time lapse capabilities. There is however a (beta?) of an fcamera derived app called "Timelapse". Not finished according to the devs initial goals and instead development lapsed (excuse the pun)....

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sansar95 View Post
i have purchased this application from ovi store
now when i run this application it use to open ant the output is as follow

AFTER REBOOT SAME IS THE STORY

CAN ANY ONE SUGGEST ME A SOLUTION
As i thaught to support the auther now i am facing problem unable to use this application

Please help

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
You could try to contact the developers directly through their web presence: http://www.almalence.com/contact.html

Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Thanks for your work

I have a sort of a problem but at least this is not too dramatic
I have reflashed the firmware of my N900. After that and reinstalling everything, I probably did something particular because when using the deb file of the 0.49 version, I see:
Code:
dpkg -i abettercamera_0.49.deb
(Reading database ... 53324 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace abettercamera 0.49-1 (using abettercamera_0.49.deb) ...
ERROR: Module bc_cat does not exist in /proc/modules
dpkg: warning - old pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
dpkg: ... it looks like that went OK.
Unpacking replacement abettercamera ...
Setting up abettercamera (0.49-1) ...
insmod: error inserting '/opt/abettercamera/bc_cat.ko': -1 Invalid module format
bccat device creation unsuccessful - will use slightly slower version of abettercamera
Checking for fcam drivers
No fcam drivers found
Installing bundled version of fcam drivers
Please read and acknowledge the important notice displayed on the N900's screen
I fear that I am not getting hw acceleration? But otherwise, the software seems to work which is good!
I can see someone else had posted the same issue here (@9000) but not sure that the solution has been posted or exists?
I did try with and without fcam-drivers installed. I did reboot several times. But I have no clue how to deal with that

Another problem is that I cannot reinstall from ovi because asking to pay again and not only ABC but also a whole list of software I paid (I could download only one).
But this is another problem and I contacted nokia support about that... hoping that a solution exists!

EDIT: I forgot to add that I cannot remove the application anymore. Because obviously that could have been a good idea to remove and then reinstall but nothing works : apt-get remove or apt-get purge.

Last edited by P@t; 2011-04-08 at 12:16.

EXIF tags STILL don't work! If I take a an exposure bracketed burst of photos then look at the EXIF data, they ALL show 8.9 as the EV. WTF?

I took a range of 5 photos using exposure bracketing in steps of +2 EV. When I check the EXIF data, they ALL show this:

Code:
EXIF tags in './20110409_020.jpg' ('Intel' byte order):
--------------------+----------------------------------------------------------
Tag                 |Value
Image Width         |2592
Image Length        |1968
Manufacturer        |Nokia
Model               |N900
Orientation         |right - top
x-Resolution        |300.00
y-Resolution        |300.00
Resolution Unit     |Inch
Software            |BlessN900
Date and Time       |2011:04:09 15:56:44
Exposure Time       |1/500 sec.
FNumber             |f/2.8
ISO Speed Ratings   |100
Shutter speed       |8.90 EV (1/477 sec.)
Aperture            |2.80 EV (f/2.6)
Flash               |Flash did not fire
Focal Length        |5.2 mm
Colour Space        |sRGB
Digital Zoom Ratio  |1.00
Exif Version        |Exif Version 2.1
FlashPixVersion     |FlashPix Version 1.0
This is pointless, the EXIF MUST contain the exposure or there is no point in having an exposure bracketing function!!!!!

Last edited by vi_; 2011-04-10 at 21:11.

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
Thanks for your work

I have a sort of a problem but at least this is not too dramatic
I have reflashed the firmware of my N900. After that and reinstalling everything, I probably did something particular because when using the deb file of the 0.49 version, I see:
Code:
dpkg -i abettercamera_0.49.deb
(Reading database ... 53324 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace abettercamera 0.49-1 (using abettercamera_0.49.deb) ...
ERROR: Module bc_cat does not exist in /proc/modules
dpkg: warning - old pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
dpkg: ... it looks like that went OK.
Unpacking replacement abettercamera ...
Setting up abettercamera (0.49-1) ...
insmod: error inserting '/opt/abettercamera/bc_cat.ko': -1 Invalid module format
bccat device creation unsuccessful - will use slightly slower version of abettercamera
Checking for fcam drivers
No fcam drivers found
Installing bundled version of fcam drivers
Please read and acknowledge the important notice displayed on the N900's screen
I fear that I am not getting hw acceleration? But otherwise, the software seems to work which is good!
I can see someone else had posted the same issue here (@9000) but not sure that the solution has been posted or exists?
I did try with and without fcam-drivers installed. I did reboot several times. But I have no clue how to deal with that

Another problem is that I cannot reinstall from ovi because asking to pay again and not only ABC but also a whole list of software I paid (I could download only one).
But this is another problem and I contacted nokia support about that... hoping that a solution exists!

EDIT: I forgot to add that I cannot remove the application anymore. Because obviously that could have been a good idea to remove and then reinstall but nothing works : apt-get remove or apt-get purge.
Please excuse me for offtop, but how did you get a *.deb from the app, that you bought in ovi store? I find this issue very important for me, since i have bought stuff from ovi and i do reflash from time to time.

Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
@alfred
I believe I saw some tutorial in internet to have access to the temporary .deb that is downloaded through Ovi (never tried myself). But in this particular case, this is thanks to the very helpful Eugene

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Hello
I purchased this program from OVI, the program working well, but I don't see the option to switch to the video mode...
It's not included in this app ?
Thanks

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
I purchased this program from OVI, the program working well, but I don't see the option to switch to the video mode...
It's not included in this app ?
Yes, there is no option to switch to video mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to eugene.panich For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
i would cheerfully purchase this app if the bloody useless Ovi store would accept any of my cards.

i use blessn900 as much as i can and like it, and would really appreciate the extra features and speed if i could only buy the dsmn thing!!

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Tags
bada rox