Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by tingu699 View Post
hi guys. why does it say my contactts are offline when i open cha windowt?
ps my im and voip accounts are totally disabled?
Keep in mind that for Whatsapp "Online" means that they are online and using the program at the moment (Whatsapp being the program in the foreground in their phones). If they are online but with the program in the background they appear as offline.

It's like that in any phone. I have an Android and if I open another program I can see in Yappari that it goes Offline.

Originally Posted by Ungoliant View Post
Hello all!
I would suggest you three things:
- It would be much easier to install your program if you upload it to extras-devel or even extras-testing. I found it stable enough for everyday use.
- Please keep the "release early, release often" schedule you had until now. I would be delighted to report any bug as soon as I see it.
- Please keep the project direction. I strongly prefer a lean and efficient app than one that drains my battery life to show the prettiest icons possible.
First of all thanks for your donation!

Since Yappari is still far from being complete I just wanted to make an Alpha thread (like this one) hoping people would board the testing train to help me code a stable product. Since I still consider this an alpha (every release fixes several bugs but also adds several bugs) I consider is too early to upload it to repositores.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-06-08 at 16:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
ok. its sorted. i dont know how but inbound and outbound all workinng now by itself. looks like there was some sort of traffic. dont know why when iv been on fast wifi all day. but ive just received all the belated messages and i believe my friends have received my messages.

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Actually if it's too fancy it becomes slow. I'll leave Yappari as "Maemo" as possible.

In other news with the help of some Maemo hackers I could finally attach the notification to the correct chat window. That took me HOURS to figure out and some emails.

Like I said, 95% of the time is spent in making things work in Maemo. 5% is actual progress...

Well weekend has arrived and I don't code on weekends so we'll see what the next week brings for Yappari.
just buy some beer for the donation i made haha enjoy ur weekend mate

I've noticed some strange points in Yappari v0.0.10 :

1) I've had some friends message me using whatsapp ( I did not set up any information for them ), and their profile is present in my Yappari contacts list, even though they are not not listed with international prefix at all in my phone.

This is a good thing ( not a complaint), as it means that I did not need to change anything in the contacts list.

Can anyone else verify this ?

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
It's a good thing (I think). Contacts you don't have in your address book will be auto added to your contact list after they message you for the first time.

Eventually when the software is complete you will have an option like "only contacts in my address book can message me".

When I say "Contact list" is the Yappari contact list, they are not auto-added to your phone's address book.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Hello,

I am totally new in this, is it possible anyone explain me step by step what to do to instal Yappari. I never installed anything on my n900, so I feel like dumb
Any help guys?

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Lana View Post
Hello,

I am totally new in this, is it possible anyone explain me step by step what to do to instal Yappari. I never installed anything on my n900, so I feel like dumb
Any help guys?
On your phone go to;
http://uppit.com/7yw9d250sc1h/yappari_0.0.10_armel.deb

Open with app manager and install.

Fill in your phone number and you're done!

N900

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by youriehv View Post
On your phone go to;
http://uppit.com/7yw9d250sc1h/yappari_0.0.10_armel.deb

Open with app manager and install.

Fill in your phone number and you're done!
If he never installed any software on his N900, then I don't think he has any of the libraries (Qt and Qt-Mobility) required for yappari.

Nevertheless he can check and ask for help if he ever needed.

You are right, I dont have Qt and Qt-Mobility, how to install it?

OK, I did everything right, registered my phone number correctly, but when I open Yappari it is connected for second, than disconnected with message: protocol error. What can I do to fix it?

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp