Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Well it should have been brought up because without it no real advancement could happen on Maemo as it is now being proved on this forum.
Could have, should have, would have... neither are relevant now.

And no... it should have been brought up when it was, when Nokia abandoned it.

Maemo could take on a new lease of life IF the source was readily available dont you think?
No. So far, the key people that could have given Maemo a better lease on life have been either systematically run off by folks that constantly antagonized them or the delays for such decisions like now. It would take a developers program and/or community incentive to make folks stay.

And right now, 200+ of the better developers have N950's in their hand. New shiny-shiny things in their hand with new technology and they more than likely aren't coming back.

Even I got rid of my N810 and N900.

MeeGo will never work efficiently on the N900 because of lack of ram and cpu speed.
Then show your anger at Nokia. They decided on that hardware, input method and RAM amount.

What do we do with all the 900's now?, put them in a draw to gather dust lol or do we do something constructive with them?.
Do something constructive. Have at it. And let the folks that are trying to create something to come back to (read: community) do their part. Simply stated, don't run anybody else away.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
After scrolling through 4 pages of quite useless repeating all-over-again the same thing in different words, I suddenly lost interest in this thread I think all important things were said on pages *max* up to 10, and we're not going to achieve anything by just chatting here, until time for real decisions/voting come.

Also, I start to understand why council/volunteers prefer to talk about important things on IRC/mail/whatever. Unless thread is titled "[Development] Question about parsing database data from sql3 lite to R&D mystic geeck gauge" (i.e. it require knowledge, instead of pure flamewar/sophism/whatever "skillz"), it get overrun by our main troll, "council haters", and guys-who-just-like-to-talk in few moments.

So, happy talking in upcoming 493 pages of another epic thread. Hope to *not* see some of You in new one, ~A.D 2012
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
...guys-who-just-like-to-talk in few moments....
*raises hand*

Guilty.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
*raises hand*

Guilty.
Me too .

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
*raises hand*

Guilty.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Could have, should have, would have... neither are relevant now.

And no... it should have been brought up when it was, when Nokia abandoned it.

No. So far, the key people that could have given Maemo a better lease on life have been either systematically run off by folks that constantly antagonized them or the delays for such decisions like now. It would take a developers program and/or community incentive to make folks stay.

And right now, 200+ of the better developers have N950's in their hand. New shiny-shiny things in their hand with new technology and they more than likely aren't coming back.

Even I got rid of my N810 and N900.

Then show your anger at Nokia. They decided on that hardware, input method and RAM amount.

Do something constructive. Have at it. And let the folks that are trying to create something to come back to (read: community) do their part. Simply stated, don't run anybody else away.
Now your dreaming

Now your dreaming
Then you know absolutely nothing about what this community needs at this period of time.

I'll go out on a limb and say whatever the council needs from me and I can do it, it'll be done.

Then you know absolutely nothing about what this community needs at this period of time.

I'll go out on a limb and say whatever the council needs from me and I can do it, it'll be done.
All this community needs is the Maemo source code simple as that really.

But to say i know absolutely nothing? OK.

All this community needs is the Maemo source code simple as that really.
Holy **** you're dense. If they have the source code... then they will need repositories. Some of the repositories have code that does not belong to anybody but Nokia or third parties that might not like that stuff out there. They will need people to support the code, further the code, put the code together. You need developers. People that understand the drivers. People that are willing to workaround the closed bits.

And the stuff that's in the OS, not all of it can be open sourced for various reasons.

So as it stands, what you're asking for just won't happen. So instead of asking the impossible, why don't you ask what is possible instead. And for once, ask then silence yourself for a qualified answer that's seemingly going to have to be put together for you in one simple sentence since you have yet to piece it together for yourself from this entire thread, and learn from it.

You cannot learn while typing or talking. You have to actually read or listen. I doubt you're willing.

But to say i know absolutely nothing? OK.
Yep. Said it. Meant it.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
"It would take a developers program and/or community incentive to make folks stay."

Your words not mine and this is what should have happened from day one WITH the source code because without it it does not work hence why this community is now winding down...... but like you said.... i know nothing.

Tags
goodbye nokia, maemo.org, troll party, winding down