Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
can anyone tell me how to rexsolve this issue with the new update for rtcomm?
Attached Images

Yeah I'm seeing the same thing

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
I have the same thing here. It looks like the packages for Maemo haven't been compiled yet: they exist for Debian (http://packages.collabora.co.uk/debi...elepathy-haze/), but not for Maemo

I guess it's just a matter of time before they are available...

OK nevermind, I've found the solution:

- go to application manager
- main menu -> tools -> application catalogue
- for the collabora repository, remove everything in the "Components" line, and replace with "user"
- click OK: the packages list will refresh and rtcomm-beta will be updateable...

Edit: it should also be possible to replace chinook with diablo (if you are using diablo, and you have specified a specific distribution) in the distribution line...apparently packages for Diablo are available (in the end they are the same, but I prefer not having too much dependencies on old stuff found in chinook...)

Last edited by lorelei; 2008-08-08 at 07:38.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
I solved this problem another way.... I installed http://rtcomm.garage.maemo.org/deb/r..._0.6_armel.deb then ran the install script it puts in your Extras menu. I haven't looked into what's new with this version yet. Anyone know? I don't know if it's related, but this update could have messed with my 2.4.3 pidgin install.

I still haven't found out what's new with this version, but it's very possible that it may have messed your pidgin install: one of the updated libraries from collabora repository is libpurple, which is used by Pidgin....

And it looks like Pidgin is also distributed by Collabora, so maybe it overwrote your install of Pidgin from another source? (I really don't know how AppManager manages these situations, but I suspect that it will try to install the latest version it finds, even if it comes from another source?)

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Also see
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3546

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
I still haven't found out what's new with this version, but it's very possible that it may have messed your pidgin install: one of the updated libraries from collabora repository is libpurple, which is used by Pidgin....

And it looks like Pidgin is also distributed by Collabora, so maybe it overwrote your install of Pidgin from another source? (I really don't know how AppManager manages these situations, but I suspect that it will try to install the latest version it finds, even if it comes from another source?)
Yeah, my mistake was probably installing the Collabora pidgin and libpurple0 update. I did a bunch of stuff to fix pidgin, unfortunately I don't remember it all. I was poking around. Basicly I had to uninstall pidgin and everything pidgin related. It ended up a smilies add-on was causing the install to break. After this I was able to do a apt-get install libpurple0 and I forget what else... apt-get install pidgin-data maybe? Anyways, even after I got pidgin installed, I couldn't launch it from personal menu. I had to remove the DBUS service name. It was a mess but I got it working at the end.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
the reason for the problem is that pidgin-data conflicts with some of the other packages of rtcomm this is because rtcomm splitted the data packages more refined (e.g. pidgin-sounds, pidgin-otr, etc etc)

If you use apt-get or dpkg to install you can see the details.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
have the same problem... just change the collabora repo to diablo and it will install.