Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Originally Posted by ScottishDuck View Post
Great now I can use all those great features on a good OS. Wait, no, I can't.
Man you're lucky! you probably had so much time messing with Symbian^3 that you can certainly write this and be sure its true... For how long do you own a Symbian^3 phone?
Ah, you probably don't have one, becuase it wasn't released yet. Well thats funny, you see - I myself don't tend to rank something before I even try it, but I guess you're something special, ain't ya?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to efekt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 44 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by ceroberts75 View Post
hmmm...dunno.

different kind of ad though.

they sure do think different on the other side of the pond.
I agree. I like the Nokia ads, the one for the N8 (girl in forest) is a bit random but sweet.

However, Nokia are missing a ticket with the US market - I think this type of campaign just looks a bit euro-kooky in the US and doesn't really get the product noticed.

Originally Posted by longcat View Post
Symbian sucks because it's not iOS, nokia sucks because it won't adopt android... I can go further, but these are the key points of average consumer's point of view. Former two (Apple and Google) are popular just because of US mainstream media which promotes them to the stars...
And the U.S. media really know their facts when comparing the competition. 5 reasons why N8 won't beat iphone 4

Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
msnbc, the unbiased source of the (what?) century !

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to longcat For This Useful Post:
msnbc, the unbiased source of the (what?) century !
The awful thing is that people believe it and buy a more expensive iphone without using a gram of their brain to research which is better.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
Originally Posted by patlak View Post
The awful thing is that people believe it and buy a more expensive iphone without using a gram of their brain to research which is better.
that's not awful, that's fun !

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Do you really believe what you're saying in that context?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
And the U.S. media really know their facts when comparing the competition. 5 reasons why N8 won't beat iphone 4
The article you cite is rather stupid. First, I doubt that anyone expects that N8 is trying to beat iPhone 4, not even fanboys here are so delusional -- so the author's mother may have had an affair with Captain Obvious 15 years ago

Second, at least some of the points are true, because N8 is not an as high-end device as iPhone 4 -- thus, lower processing power, less memory, and why forget the screen resolution?

Third, two of the arguments are idiotic -- both devices have unreplaceable battery, so why use this as an argument; saying that Symbian is worse than iOS is highly subjective and most likely flawed.

Stupid article written by a 14-year old...

The Following User Says Thank You to Sopwith For This Useful Post:
that's not awful, that's fun !
Don't try to awaken that spirit, I tried to cover it :P

Originally Posted by Sopwith View Post
The article you cite is rather stupid. First, I doubt that anyone expects that N8 is trying to beat iPhone 4, not even fanboys here are so delusional -- so the author's mother may have had an affair with Captain Obvious 15 years ago

Second, at least some of the points are true, because N8 is not an as high-end device as iPhone 4 -- thus, lower processing power, less memory, and why forget the screen resolution?

Third, two of the arguments are idiotic -- both devices have unreplaceable battery, so why use this as an argument; saying that Symbian is worse than iOS is highly subjective and most likely flawed.

Stupid article written by a 14-year old...
Well you didn't have to analyze the article yourself since someone already did quite thoroughly

Analysis by someone older than 14

Processing power seems higher on N8

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post: