Posts: 54 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
So the flash 10.1 public beta for mobile is out... but just for Android 2.2. ( http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/ )

What's up with that?!?! Where is the Maemo5 version?

I also read this from Engadget ( http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/20/f...how-froyo-now/ )

"There is work under way for other platforms, so we are still working with the Symbian teams, the RIM team for BlackBerries, Palm webOS, [and] Windows Phone.."

So I quote myself from few lines up: "What's up with that?!?! Where is the Maemo5 version?"
Are we actually being totally dismissed and forgotten or what the F... flower.

Last edited by ezcola; 2010-05-20 at 17:25.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ezcola For This Useful Post:
I can't wait for this to happen on the N900, but if it doesn't I might be reluctant to buy the Nexus 1 as my "Other" phone.

N900 needs:

1.PR 1.2 Update
2. Ovi Maps 3.0
3. Adobe Flash 10.1

If this all happens, there is no reason to have another device IMHO for a long time to come.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Diavoli For This Useful Post:
It's very weird that they don't even mention MeeGo there imo. Nokia have been long time partner with Adobe and haven been strong with flash for long time. That all will change in a one month thought. When it comes to Maemo 5 that was what the talks have been telling lately from Adobe. Nothing is certain yet thought.

Flash runs great on overclocked N900, but that's not excuse not to get Flash 10.1.
I'm big fan of Harmattan and Harmattan was the reason i joined this community, not fremantel. I would honestly think of getting Android phone with 2.2 rather than Harmattan if flash is not coming there.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Im afraid we wont see flash 10.1 on n900...

unless the demo version from the video gets leaked..
or if some fanboy finds a way to hack it from another OS to maemo5.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mthmob For This Useful Post:
my phone is going straight on ebay! They really abandoned the n900 community to focus on newer products (read N8). They were selling this device for 599$ and all what we have in this times (with more than one phone OS) is an old and buggy crap! FLOWERS!

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Tokyo, Japan
Originally Posted by Diavoli View Post
N900 needs:

1.PR 1.2 Update
2. Ovi Maps 3.0
3. Adobe Flash 10.1

If this all happens, there is no reason to have another device IMHO for a long time to come.
This is true in my opinion.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fötus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
Flash for Android was announced now most likely in connection with Google I/O, the Google Developer Event in San Franscisco:

http://code.google.com/events/io/2010/

So chill...

The Following User Says Thank You to Sopwith For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mthmob View Post
Im afraid we wont see flash 10.1 on n900...

unless the demo version from the video gets leaked..
or if some fanboy finds a way to hack it from another OS to maemo5.
why do you say that?

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Sopwith View Post
Flash for Android was announced now most likely in connection with Google I/O, the Google Developer Event in San Franscisco:

http://code.google.com/events/io/2010/

So chill...
I agree to that statement and for sure there was a special will to have it published at Google I/O with Android 2.2 since both benefit from shared publicity & hype.

...But what I don't get is that why they haven't mentioned Maemo or MeeGo for ages when talking about Flash 10.1. Lats time I remember was that first demo video of 10.1 that didn't actually do wonders when demoed on N900.

It isn't like the N900 doesn't have Flash already... right?

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!