Notices

Is there an easy way to test themes without a 770?

I was working on a theme when the display of my device broke, and i fear it will take a while until i get my replacement unit.

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
Will this work to make themes for the N800, as well?

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
@sylfan:
I don't think there is a way to test the theme without a device. However, you should be just ok by filling the image. Once you are done with it, it should *just work*.

@rcadden:
Current version does not work on latest firmware of N800. It will work on the previous two though (and all firmwares of 770). I'll make the themes to work on n800s latest firmware as well this weekend. It shouldn't be that big a problem.

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
Originally Posted by konttori View Post
@sylfan:
I don't think there is a way to test the theme without a device. However, you should be just ok by filling the image. Once you are done with it, it should *just work*.

@rcadden:
Current version does not work on latest firmware of N800. It will work on the previous two though (and all firmwares of 770). I'll make the themes to work on n800s latest firmware as well this weekend. It shouldn't be that big a problem.
Sweet! I've got a blog post going up soon about the lack of themes for the N800, but will be linking to your app for sure, after testing it myself.

I come from the S60 world, where themes are EVERYWHERE. I'm desperately searching for a really nice high-res leather-wrapped theme, and am going to give it a go myself.

Something like a classy looking brown leather wrapping.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
New theme maker version is available from:
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa..._1.0_beta2.zip

It will produce themes that work on all nokia internet tablet devices and firmwares (N800 and 770). I had to drop support for background image for this version. It will come in some form in a near future release.

Notice that the template image size is a bit bigger than previously and the colors are now in the image itself, on the very right side of the image. For the colors, thanks goes to tigert and mdk who work at nokia. Give lots of kudos to them.

There is also an example theme that you can download and test, nuvotheme: download here.
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa.../NuvoTheme.deb
I think it's pretty sweet and I use it myself these days.