Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Hey everybody,

I am doing some research for my studies (Masters in Economic Theory and Modeling at the Charles University in Prague) and I would like to ask you for a few minutes of your time (those who own a SailfishOS device - for some of those who don't I have an Android version too, so send me a PM).

From my point of view, this is not only valuable for the research, but also as a proof of concept that experiments can be carried out via this channel (Qt/QML application).

Please read more on OpenRepos and in the application itself. and if you have any questions, ask here or send me a PM. But please don't share details about the contents of the experiment with others.

Thank you for help!

EDIT: Results are now in, so if you have partaken in the experiment, you can now launch the application again and check your result.

Last edited by nodevel; 2016-02-15 at 14:38.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Sounds interesting, and I'd like to take part in the experiment.

However I have a nasty habit of never installing any binaries I did not build myself...
So the question is, do you have a source repository I can clone and build the application myself?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Sounds interesting, and I'd like to take part in the experiment.

However I have a nasty habit of never installing any binaries I did not build myself...
So the question is, do you have a source repository I can clone and build the application myself?
I absolutely understand and agree with this approach. I have my reasons not to release the source to the public at this point - most of all to prevent people from "cheating" and seeing what the experiment is about before taking it.

But I was sure someone will ask this (and I'm glad you did), so I'll send you a PM.

Last edited by nodevel; 2016-01-28 at 20:50.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
I absolutely understand and agree with this approach. I have my reasons not to release the source to the public at this point - most of all to prevent people from "cheating" and seeing what the experiment is about before taking it....
Like I did, but no worries - I will not tell.

You gain very little by the way you have set this up,
this cramps your effort into an excruciatingly tight little niche group
which will probably cause your analysis to be skewed off the rails.
I will refrain from revealing details,
aside from noting that you should consider something a bit less exclusionary.

I would suggest you use a format a bit different
to achieve what you are trying to do,
wrap it up in one of these venues:
https://ipfs.io/
https://www.ethereum.org/

there are others as well, Morphis was one
but they generally require a bit more effort.

ipfs looks like it could do what you need better,
without a serious amount of effort.

I am still waiting for maidsafe,
but that is something only our grandchildren will ever see.

good luck

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to theonelaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Problem, I launched the app, had to restart lipstick, my turn is over without a chance to even participate. End of story.

The Following User Says Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by romu View Post
Problem, I launched the app, had to restart lipstick, my turn is over without a chance to even participate. End of story.
Thanks for the feedback. PM sent.

The Following User Says Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
I want to thank everyone for partaking in the Experiment.

The experiment will close at 12:00 UTC (so ~ an hour and half from now). Those who have not started the experiment will be notified through the app about the closure and the general instructions will be blank after the deadline.

To those who have participated, the results will appear in the application once the data is analyzed (and I'll post a note here and elsewhere as well, so you don't have to check the app daily ). That should be approximately one week from now, but it may take a bit longer.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Update: Results are now in.

First , I want to thank everyone for participation and also announce that results are now published through the application.

To see your result and if you are eligible for payoff, just open the application and it should be right there (of course only if you have partaken in the experiment).

In case you had removed the application since the experiment, just download it again and your result should be visible after you launch it.

In case you had to reset your phone in the meanwhile and did not do a manual backup of the /home/nemo folder, installing the application will not help, but send me a PM and we might figure something out.

If you have any question regarding your result, it is better to contact me over PM, so it doesn't spam this thread.

Thank you!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Ireland
Now that the experiment has ended - can you divulge what it was?
just curious....

The Following User Says Thank You to coley For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Thanks, that was a nice experiment.
I did gather 885 ECU as my stash

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
economics, education, experiment, sailfishos