Posts: 130 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by babyshamie View Post
new apps in ovi store,it is all about new apps Believe me.(like Mypaint which came out long ago)
I hope its not another ovi app.....

meego dropped for a newer platform?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to extendedping For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Nokia: Great news to all N900 ownerz, a new application has been added to Ovi store, do check out and buy full version.

LOL that's my guess. Normally Nokia never made anything good for N900 anyway. Take a look at the game Bounce! and Where is the promised game rollercoster? lol Nothing ever finished.
Err..

Bounce was only a tech demo. But I agree Nokia should've paid Rovio to make it a full game.

As for the rollercoaster, that's from Digital Chocolate I believe and it's finished but waiting for the new Ovi Store. So Nokia has no hand in developing the game itself, but they are ultimately responsible for the delay in getting the app into the store.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

What good news could be for N900 owners ? Every unfinished or missing thing in maemo would be available in official app store :

-geek toys (ssh, vnc, aircrack, whatelse...)
-desktop toys (cups, sane,
-complete hardware support (bluetooth keyboard, FM receiver, infrared emitter...)
-better stability
-complete portrait mode with vertical keyboard
-better telephony support like any phone around
-flash 10
-compatibility layer for android and iphone apps
-various bugfixes

Of course, most of these wishes have been completed by volunteers, but lots of them are not perfect, hard to install and need to activate special depositories.

Go on, Nokia ! You are not so far from getting the best smartphone around !

The Following User Says Thank You to phpman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
ZogG Says:
July 21st, 2010 at 2:33 pm
So you are publishing videos of program that some briliant and great guy from maemo community did(thanks for him) and take credit on it? we are tired to see all the n900-abilities videos from nokia, for now we get only good apps from guys like mypaint author and nokia just show stuff on n90 and never release it (shazam for example giving). and i wouldn’t talk about flash 10.1 as nokia send you to adobe and adobe says it’s nokia responsibility. what is wrong with you guys, stop with promises and at list fix the most annoying bugs. make the smartphone usable or stop advertising it and fooling more people around by just taking their money. enuf time passed to make maemo at list half usable, but it’s not. wanna leave it – open the drivers and standarts so community would support it instead of you.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Ely, near Cambridge, UK
Free cases to improve antenna signal ?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HomesIckAlien For This Useful Post:
Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
Where is the 'fightback' that Uncle Anssi promised us ? Looks like same old Nokia to me. Hope they prove me wrong of course.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
For those that keep saying that Apple just runs on marketing/hype, then these nokia 'hypes' may be interesting case studies.

If you overpromise/underdeliver things can quickly backfire.
Apple runs on it. Nokia fails at it.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Originally Posted by Enyibinakata View Post
Where is the 'fightback' that Uncle Anssi promised us ? Looks like same old Nokia to me. Hope they prove me wrong of course.
I'd say sacking the CEO for poor performance over the past 18months could be termed a start in fighting back. He obviously had his priorities all messed up.

Kinda like Nokia Marketing and Timing departments. The business nees to be re-addressed IMHO.

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
The best thing to do is just not develop any high expectations... I'm acting like I don't care, so I won't be disappointed - try it, it works like a charm

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to efekt For This Useful Post:

Tags
announced, color you loser, fail!, guessed wrong, misstep, riddle me this, you dun goofed