Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Originally Posted by qwazix
If I understand the system correctly it won't be required. You can just install nemo packages and edit the gui launcher configuration file to launch the nemo UI. Middleware is the same anyway.
qwazix: That would work only in the case when Nemo and Sailfish would follow the same release cycle. Is it the case? Otherwise they might start getting out of sync (i.e. most current versions), for example Nemo rushing ahead, being based on a newer Mer and etc. I'd expect Nemo to be more experimental and therefore more rolling than Sailfish.

Anyway, having an option of booting from SD enables testing some prereleases, betas, new experiments and what not, without wiping the core system. Still good to have. N9 had a regression in comparison with N900 in this aspect. So SD slot is welcome back.
You're probably right, I hadn't thought about release cycles.

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Another concern of mine, will there be a notification LED. It is a very important feature IMHO.

Originally Posted by mlwane View Post
Another concern of mine, will there be a notification LED. It is a very important feature IMHO.
yes...since jolla phone will never have LPM screen feature

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Battery - size and possible to remove?
Gps?
Glonass?
Navigation software?
Internal memory? X GB.
Browser?
Flash?
When is device released?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by tanago View Post

Why do you all don't understand? Nobody knows that, simply because Jolla haven't said it. Why are you still asking questions when you know nobody has the answers. Wait until Jolla announces that information...
Dude, I'm not asking jolla about it but rather contribute to the thread and the list in the first post as things we don't know.

The list will be updated during the ongoing process of the release of the phone. I don't think you understand the purpose of the thread.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Battery - size and possible to remove?
Gps?
Glonass?
Navigation software?
Internal memory? X GB.
Browser?
Flash?
When is device released?
Why are you asking questions, that are already told in the official specs on Jolla site?
  • Original Jolla design with ample 4.5" Estrade display
  • Dual core and 4G *
  • 16GB storage + microSD
  • 8MP AF camera
  • User-replaceable battery
  • The Other Half
  • Easy-to-use, gesture based Sailfish OS
  • Android™ app compatible
  • We target to ship by the end of 2013

Last edited by Morpog; 2013-08-06 at 08:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
Why are you asking questions, that are already told in the official specs on Jolla site?
  • Original Jolla design with ample 4.5" Estrade display
  • Dual core and 4G *
  • 16GB storage + microSD
  • 8MP AF camera
  • User-replaceable battery
  • The Other Half
  • Easy-to-use, gesture based Sailfish OS
  • Android™ app compatible
  • We target to ship by the end of 2013
This is a thread for both known and unkown stuff, right. SOo would be good to add it to first post. Plus I like real unswers, nut just we will try to ship it at X. That good enough for now, but I don't acknowledge that as a correct answer on that question.

dont mean that storage...there are more important memories in your device
User-replaceable battery - You are right about that, sorry. But size would be nice.
We target to ship by the end of 2013 - That is something we don't know.

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-08-06 at 08:51.

• Browser is Gecko based (IPCLiteAPI like QmlMozBrowser or MeeFox, but with Jolla UI and features).
  • Flash is impossible, as Adobe doesn't license to mobile anymore since about a year.

Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
  • Browser is Gecko based (IPCLiteAPI like QmlMozBrowser or MeeFox, but with Jolla UI and features).
  • Flash is impossible, as Adobe doesn't license to mobile anymore since about a year.
Nothing is impossible. I know, but I still use it for my android devices. If jolla can run android, why not?

n9 can run flash, bad, but it can.

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-08-06 at 08:47.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Nothing is impossible. I know, but I still use it for my android devices. If jolla can run android, why not?

n9 can run flash, bad, but it can.
Sure, you could install Firefox for Android and Android Flash Plugin. Or install Chrome browser for Android.

With impossible I meant native for SailfishOS supported by Adobe.

Tags
jolla