Active Topics

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by pali View Post
I found some source code of TI DSP libraries here: https://gforge.ti.com/gf/download/fr...23i3.8.tar.bz2

There are for example jpegdec, jpegenc, videodec, videoenc which are in fremantle closed: http://maemo.org/packages/view/libomxil-ti-components/

Is TI DSP sources compatible with N900 and Fremantle?
They should be, given that other parts of OS side DSP are replaceable by drop-in.

I can confirm,

flash OS + eMMC, installed kernel-power v48 + settings 0.12--->black screen on boot.

flash OS + eMMC, installed kernel-power v47 + settings 0.11, upgraded to v48 + settings 0.12 ---> successful! (uname -r is showing 2.6.28.10-power48)

Also, MobileHotspot does not work with v48. Says the dependency "wireless-tools" was not installable.

Cheers!
Joshua

Last edited by kc5teg; 2011-07-27 at 00:11.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kc5teg For This Useful Post:
This confirm, that there must be bug in preinst/postinst kernel-power scripts. I will try to find it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 178 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Mira (Venice) - Italy
Originally Posted by kc5teg View Post
I can confirm,

flash OS + eMMC, installed kernel-power v48 + settings 0.12--->black screen on boot.

flash OS + eMMC, installed kernel-power v47 + settings 0.11, upgraded to v48 + settings 0.12 ---> successful! (uname -r is showing 2.6.28.10-power48)

Also, MobileHotspot does not work with v48. Says the dependency "wireless-tools" was not installable.

Cheers!
Joshua
Also...
flash OS + eMMC, installed kernel-power v48 (no settings) ---> successful!

settings package install
* overclocking script (+ ability to overclock on boot)
* script which load all modules specified in /etc/modules on boot
* script which can be configured to run fsck or ssh on usb at early boot

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Mira (Venice) - Italy
Originally Posted by pali View Post
settings package install
* overclocking script (+ ability to overclock on boot)
* script which load all modules specified in /etc/modules on boot
* script which can be configured to run fsck or ssh on usb at early boot
So... I'm not a devolper... It's only an idea... Maybe when install kernel-power-flasher some modules aren't written correctly.

Sorry for my bad english

Just to help, one more installation case...

Installed V48 after a long time using V47 (no uboot, no multiboot, no nitdroid, just plain V47) in next order

V48 kernel
V48 modules
V48 flasher
V48 settings

After reboot device hangs on black screen.

Re-flashed eMMC and Kernel, booted, installed V48, same order like above (no settings) rebooted, works ok.

Installed settings, hang on black screen.

Now I am running completely re-flashed device and configured for me, with V47 and scared to try to upgrade...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to branek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Dhaka
successfully upgraded from v47 to v48 with kernel power settings 0.12!!

is there any improvement in battery usage time??

Originally Posted by carbonjha View Post
is there any improvement in battery usage time??
*facepalming @ 500-900 mhz (limits) rate*

Do you see any things related to battery usage in changelog?... Do You see *any* things related to battery, in *any* kernel-power version changelog?... Did kernel-power *ever* get anything to do with batteries, except false reports of battery temperature readings?...
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Dhaka
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
*facepalming @ 500-900 mhz (limits) rate*

Do you see any things related to battery usage in changelog?... Do You see *any* things related to battery, in *any* kernel-power version changelog?... Did kernel-power *ever* get anything to do with batteries, except false reports of battery temperature readings?...
im really sorry for asking such stupid question. it is true i didnt saw anything related to battery improvement in any kernel version. but please dont talk to me like that. im having some hardtime with my battery. again sorry for my stupidity.

max freq 600 giving more speed than before. testing the device to see if its stable on v48.

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou