How is this for the 810?

It is PCMCIA.
exactly
today pcmcia
soon bluetooth or mini-usb connectivity version
I do hope so.

Darius

The Following User Says Thank You to Darius2006 For This Useful Post:
Its not for the N810. It looked like Sprint was going to make a Wimax version of the N800, the N810 is not it. The N810 is just a newer version of the N800 with no Wimax. (But it has GPS)

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
WiMax death in the US is another bad rumor. Chicago and two other markets will be wired before the end of the year, That^ card was just demo-ed by Motorola 3 weeks ago and all reports I've heard say WiMAX rocks...

Posted Sep 26th 2007 2:43PM by Chris Ziegler
Filed under: Wireless

Part of the WiMAX World festivities taking place this week, Motorola was on hand in Chicago last night to demonstrate fragments of the Mobile WiMAX build-out it's been throwing together to support the upcoming launch of Sprint's Xohm service. A leisurely cruise took curious onlookers down the Chicago River while Moto demonstrated a variety of WiMAX-friendly goodies like VoIP and streaming video, with handoffs flawlessly (apparently) transitioning the signal from access point to access point amongst canyons of skyscrapers, steel, and cement. The company also took its demo onto the "streets along the Chicago River while driving at speeds beyond 50 mph," a clear violation of local traffic laws, so we're hoping Moto's got some money socked away in its meager coffers to pony up some fines. Anyway, if all goes well, the demos foretell a late '07 soft launch of Xohm's Chicago network, with a commercial release in April of next year.
I've also seen rumors on the net (some here) that say that since Sprints Forsee got his walking papers, Sprint is re-thinking their involvement....

Sprint is well past the point of no return on this with dry ink on partnership agreements and third party contracts. Nokia is one of those partners.

There is a WiMAX N*** slated for 2008 and offered by Sprint. No one from Nokia or Sprint has stated otherwise.

Until then anything else is just conjecture and unsupported rumor.

Aug. 07, 2007

SAN FRANCISCO -- Sprint will offer a Mobile WiMAX-enabled version of Nokia's N800 Internet Tablet to North American customers next year, LinuxDevices has learned. The new device will support Sprint's grand scheme of making WiMAX-based 4G wireless services available to over 100 million people during 2008...

... Jaaksi commented that news of a WiMAX-enabled Nokia Web tablet was already fairly widely distributed on the Maemo mailing list and other places. He said the new device would likely get more publicity during the process of FCC approval. However, he declined to announce any timeframe for when that might happen, in deference to Sprint...

How the hell could they get up 50 mph on those streets right by the river?!?!?
I've been there a few times and there's ALWAYS stop-n-go traffic, not to mention the detours/umleitungs/staus for road construction.

Only yesterday I read that wimax is still in the process of being shrinked and made less power-hungry. It sounded like they were at the stage of getting it downsized to a pcmcia card (as opposed to a standalone box), and doing something about the need for powering it from your car cigarette lighter outlet.

Originally Posted by Darius2006 View Post
exactly
today pcmcia
soon bluetooth or mini-usb connectivity version
I do hope so.

Darius
Thats a huge leap you made between PCMCIA and an N810 version.