Where can I download good free apps for this VM?

Any good repository, people?

Thanks in advance!

Here are some:

PalmGear: http://www.palmgear.com/
Handango: http://www.handango.com/

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
or freewarepalm.com
or freeware-palm.com

I'm going to try running jvm in gvm.
Perhaps this will finally yield an easy way to get Java stuff on the N800...
If anyone knows anything about getting java apps to run on palms, I'd welcome hints as to what would be good test programs. (And where to download them.)

My main reason for downloading this is that I have seen an HP48/49/50 emulator for palm, but apparently no-one has a maemo-ified linux one yet. Being lazy, and not yet skilled enough to try such a thing myself, I was hoping this would get me going. (Without scaling, though, the calculator keys in a palm 48 emulator are probably too tiny for use )

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
Jvm on palm sucks a lot. It's an outdated vm not really well working vm.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on May 2007 @ BKNYC
don't bother with jvm, doesn't work.

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
(Without scaling, though, the calculator keys in a palm 48 emulator are probably too tiny for use )
dont forget graffitti works

dont forget graffitti works
Yes, but then I would have to remember alphabetic keymapping for all keys on the calculator. The HP49 has enough keys for a full alphabetic keyboard, but the alpha bindings are secondary. If I were going to memorize them, I'd probably just use my BT keyboard.
However, I just looked it up, and the version I remembered was for 320x320.
There's also a version for 320x480, which should be less cramped. Stylus-only, but should be usable.

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
I know nothing about the Palm OS and which devices are compatible with which OS versions. For the purposes of using Garnet on a N800 and downloading software from a pay site, what would be the appropriate "compatible device" when prompted at Handango, or other relevant site?

I got the power48 HP48/49/50 emulator installed -- and it doesn't work. Worst part is, I have no clue if it's some Palmish thing I'm doing wrong, or if it just catches a shortcoming in the VM.

I know nothing about the Palm OS and which devices are compatible with which OS versions. For the purposes of using Garnet on a N800 and downloading software from a pay site, what would be the appropriate "compatible device" when prompted at Handango, or other relevant site?
Well, the options shown on the compatibility settings in gvm are:
  • Treo 650
  • Tungsten T3
  • Tungsten T5
  • Tungsten T|X
  • Custom
So that Treo and those Tungstens, at least. Which one? I've no clue.
Someone who knows Palms might be able to tell you which of those is most widely compatible.

Tags
garnet, palm