Notices

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
hey guys donwloaded 2 new themes from extra devel of 'system'

Resident Evil & White Carbon Evil,

personally m using the white carbon... beautifuly done n those who were lookin for white theme can go for white carbon... its really good... wished to post sceenshot but couldnt as m connections is way too slow...

enjoy the theme....n really good work..keep it up...

Nice theme, just installed and looks clean.

I have a problem, after installing it, I've edit it in theme customizer, to change the font. But now can not access any option in the parameters section, where the themes or theme customizer are...
Tried to reboot, uninstall, nothing working...

Any Ideo to fix this?

Posts: 675 | Thanked: 923 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Screenshots available here:

http://www.maemomeego.net/viewforum.php?f=19

Tribal is another of evil85's awesome themes

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
* D4rKlar on DeviantART * Maemo5 on DeviantART *
_
* M4riNa D4rK Theme and Iconset *
_

Last edited by D4rKlar; 2010-12-03 at 19:02.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to D4rKlar For This Useful Post:
hey yin, same probs incurred wid me, i uninstall the theme n reinstall it but didnt used theme custom, may b it nt workin wid this theme...rest theme its wrking....

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
hi, I really like this white theme... but nearly everywhere my fonts are white, so do only I have this problem or is it one of the theme?

i too got the white font aftr using theme customizer thn i uninstall d theme n reinstall it but didnt use theme customization then d font probs is solved .... i did mine wid d same ....

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
I find it VERY weird that the postinst script of this theme DELETES file that is completely unrelated to the theme. Here's contents of postinst -script:
Code:
#! /bin/sh -e

THEMEDIR='/usr/share/themes/white'

gtk-update-icon-cache -f /usr/share/icons/white
update-sudoers

rm -rf /usr/share/themes/blackplastictheme-themedir/gtk-2.0/*.cache
hildon-theme-cacher $THEMEDIR

run-standalone.sh dbus-send --print-reply --type=method_call --dest=org.freedesktop.Notifications /org/freedesktop/Notifications org.freedesktop.Notifications.SystemNoteDialog string:'{Evil} White Carbon Theme successfully installed! Now you can select it from themes manager. After applied, do not forget to restart your N900 to refresh icons and other stuff!' uint32:0 string:'NAO OK!'
Fortunately that's not critical file, but at least it would be polite to regenerate the cache file he deletes for some reason...

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Theme Customizer fails to work with this theme (or to be more specific, it fails to read the current font colors) because the theme is missing one critical file (colors.config) under:
/usr/share/themes/white-carbon/colors.config

So it's not Theme Customizer's fault. It's the theme that's incomplete.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
hello everyone! this is my first post on maemo talk, so have pity of me and my poor english ;p i've seen this topic by D4rklar,thanks!
firs i want to thank all of you for comments and i will ensure that any critic will be used to give me improvements.
now,speaking of white carbon theme, i didn't understand the problem you are speaking about iivil...i WANT really to go higher with goodness in theme making,but i need some help. you mean i have to keep gtk cache files,so avoid to delete it from postinst? for colors i will check where is saved on my pc that file so i will add it to the package. after these operations,do you think all users problems will be solved?
thanks anyway to all users that are using my themes!
i wait for answers...and,it's a pleasure talk with you all!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to evil85 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
hello evil loving your theme ( resident evil great work )
some things you might wanna change:
first when you go to videos and pause the movie the forward options is incomplete, there is like a hole take a look at it and you'll see it.

the other one "the words" for sms are way to small for easy reading can you change this please.

last one, in the mail section is almost impossible to diference the ones you' read and the ones you havent.

thank you.

Last edited by Shinigamijim; 2010-12-04 at 04:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to Shinigamijim For This Useful Post: