Active Topics

 



Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,183 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
#591
Originally Posted by drautzburg View Post
I remember vaguely that I once messed with the symlinks. Can someone please look up what these symlinks should look like. I am worried I am loading the wrong modules.
You're not. Don't mess with the symlinks.
 
Posts: 669 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Mar 2009
#592
Minor new factoid about the alarm problem. Last night I set the alarm before I went to bed. Later that night, our young one cried and I woke up and noticed that my screen was on. (I have an aging battery and sometimes when I'm charging my N810 overnight I get spontaneous reboots. I'm guessing that's what happened.) I ran the "restart MCE" script (described elsewhere in this thread) and went back to sleep. I woke up an hour after my alarm was supposed to go off. I tapped the screen of my N810 and then the alarm went off. The alarm said 6:20 even though it was clearly 7:10 now. Somehow the system wasn't properly monitoring when to fire the alarm.

To make a long story short, the apparent take-away: don't run "restart MCE" before your alarm goes off.
__________________
* n810 since Feb 2009
* Most-used apps: Opera, gPodder, Panucci, Tomiku, Canola, Quasar, MaemoMapper, ATI85, Maemopad+, AisleRiot Solitaire, Anagramarama, Rapier, Gnumeric, pyRDesktop
* Mobile-friendly URLs of popular sites
 
Posts: 860 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Sep 2010
#593
Originally Posted by buurmas View Post
I woke up an hour after my alarm was supposed to go off. I tapped the screen of my N810 and then the alarm went off. The alarm said 6:20 even though it was clearly 7:10 now. Somehow the system wasn't properly monitoring when to fire the alarm.
Was it ASUI's alarm screen that said 6:20?
 
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
#594
cifs.ko

Where do I find the correct version of cifs.ko. The one posted in the garage only seems to work with the "Last DT test kernel" zImage but not with kernel-dt-sd_2.6.21-3_all.deb. Or is the "Last DT test kernel" zImage the one to use anyways?

uname

As a side note, what should kernel-dt-sd_2.6.21-3_all.deb report in uname -a? I recall I saw a "... #2 ..." and the "last zImage" reported "... #3 ...". Is this correct? I was thinking the the number after the "#" corresponds to the number after the hyphen in the .deb.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to drautzburg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,183 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
#595
Originally Posted by drautzburg View Post
cifs.ko

Where do I find the correct version of cifs.ko. The one posted in the garage only seems to work with the "Last DT test kernel" zImage but not with kernel-dt-sd_2.6.21-3_all.deb. Or is the "Last DT test kernel" zImage the one to use anyways?
It has been so long I don't remember which kernel build I used to build cifs.ko, probably the last one. Since it is an standalone module, use it with whatever version it works.
Regarding the differences between the zImage in the deb and the standalone zImage, there are almost none except for a few lines in the touchscreen driver.
uname

As a side note, what should kernel-dt-sd_2.6.21-3_all.deb report in uname -a? I recall I saw a "... #2 ..." and the "last zImage" reported "... #3 ...". Is this correct? I was thinking the the number after the "#" corresponds to the number after the hyphen in the .deb.
Both versions report the same build number in uname, differing by date.
 
Addison's Avatar
Posts: 3,807 | Thanked: 1,133 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
#596
You can configure what frequency you want by editing /etc/kernel-dt-tunables and running "/etc/init.d/kernel-tunables restart"
I don't have either one of these two files.

I'm booting from MMC2.

[1|user@Nokia-N800-43-7|~]uname -a

Linux Nokia-N800-43-7 2.6.21-omap1 #1 PREEMPT Wed Sep 21 22:48:31 CEST 2011 armv6l unknown

Any ideas on this?
 
Addison's Avatar
Posts: 3,807 | Thanked: 1,133 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
#597
One other thing... I seem to be having some issues with Modest as of today.

Before, Modest would suddenly stop working like maybe once a month or so.

It now has stopped on me 4 or 5 times already just within the past 24 hours.

This is the script I use to start it back up again.

Code:
gconftool-2 --type bool --set /apps/modest/accounts/AccountID/enabled True
gconftool-2 --type int --set /apps/modest/update_interval 1
gconftool-2 --type boolean --set /apps/modest/auto_update True
/usr/bin/modest
I really like having one minute check intervals but is there something here that doesn't sit well with Diablo Turbo?

Thanks.
 
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,183 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
#598
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
I don't have either one of these two files.

I'm booting from MMC2.

[1|user@Nokia-N800-43-7|~]uname -a

Linux Nokia-N800-43-7 2.6.21-omap1 #1 PREEMPT Wed Sep 21 22:48:31 CEST 2011 armv6l unknown

Any ideas on this?
Do you have dt-init-scripts installed (in mmc2)?
 

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,183 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
#599
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
One other thing... I seem to be having some issues with Modest as of today.

Before, Modest would suddenly stop working like maybe once a month or so.

It now has stopped on me 4 or 5 times already just within the past 24 hours.

This is the script I use to start it back up again.

Code:
gconftool-2 --type bool --set /apps/modest/accounts/AccountID/enabled True
gconftool-2 --type int --set /apps/modest/update_interval 1
gconftool-2 --type boolean --set /apps/modest/auto_update True
/usr/bin/modest
I really like having one minute check intervals but is there something here that doesn't sit well with Diablo Turbo?

Thanks.
I don't see how it could be related.
Did you reboot and the problem persists?
 

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Addison's Avatar
Posts: 3,807 | Thanked: 1,133 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
#600
Hey Mac.

I installed the following without any errors.

dbus_1.0.2-0osso16_armel
dbus-1-utils_1.0.2-0osso16_armel
kernel-dt-sd_2.6.21-3_all
libdbus-1-3_1.0.2-0osso16_armel
mini-rc_0.2.11-3_all
ramzswap-dt_0.5.5-5_armel
zImage

By the way, watching YouTube videos as they download is such a super huge improvement than before this.

Your upgrades really work.
 
Reply

Tags
chinook, diablo, new life, os2008

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:17.