Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Not much to say here.

A very basic tool that will import the N900 conversations to N9/N950.
I cooked it in a couple of hours.

The git repository is here: https://gitorious.org/n900-comhist-i...comhist-import

You can either build a package yourself or use the attached .deb here (The attached deb will only import text messages).

Please check the README file first: https://gitorious.org/n900-comhist-i.../master/README

I'm not interested in any farther development for it and cannot provide any support.

It worked for me for a few times BUT I'm not responsible if it screws up anything
Attached Files
File Type: deb n900-comhist-import_0.2-1_armel.deb (19.9 KB, 605 views)

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Thanks it worked great!.

I have successfully transferred all my 999 messages!

Yes, initially I thought there was some limitation or bug, but it turns out that I had 999 messages on my phone.

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Glad it worked for you.

I discovered a problem with importing text messages with attached contact cards, you get an empty message instead.

There might be other issues but unfortunately I'm not going to fix them.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Yes, I was going to ask for a date option (i.e. import messages only since date specified) but didn't want to tempt you to continue development

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
So the deb installed without error on the n9, but I'm now stumped on how to actually initiate the transfer of conversations from my n900.

Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
So the deb installed without error on the n9, but I'm now stumped on how to actually initiate the transfer of conversations from my n900.
read the readme on the first post.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
read the readme on the first post.
LOL! It's RTFM for the win!

I've used this to import my messages, and while it looks like they're all there, the threads aren't being displayed in quite the right order and many of the threads have only one side of the conversation. Anyone else hetting this?

Originally Posted by Dockman View Post
I've used this to import my messages, and while it looks like they're all there, the threads aren't being displayed in quite the right order and many of the threads have only one side of the conversation. Anyone else hetting this?

Same thing here, but compared to not having my old SMS messages at all, I'll take this any day!

Maybe if you open the database (from the N900) in one of the viewer applications you might be able to figure out what went wrong.

In my case all went ok (i think) and I had 1K messages.