Hello everyone. I'm new here, I've just bought this amazing phone, Nokia N9, and now I have downloaded emumaster v.3 from appstore and I'm trying to get things working. I have couple questions for anyone who could help ;

- How to get 8-way or analog gamepad working? I only have the traditional 4-way and it sucks in many games..

- Heard that the only disc one of the games work in psx. is that true? If they fix it for v.4, can the save states be transferred there from v.3??

I have played Probotector (contra) nes, Super mario world snes, and the adventures of lomax psx so far. Everything worked perfectly except lomax had no sound and the four way gamepad was a *****, couldn't move or jump cross.

Thanks for your help.

oh and of course, what I forgot to say is that I want to thank Elemental for awesome job. I'm really looking into playing final fantasys from I to IX on my n9. would be amazing

Last edited by Slayer1st; 2013-01-22 at 16:15.

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Devon, England
Originally Posted by Slayer1st View Post

- Heard that the only disc one of the games work in psx. is that true? If they fix it for v.4, can the save states be transferred there from v.3??
AFAIK, there's no way to change between discs currently. On games which allow saving at the end of the disc, you can sometimes workaround by just loading the save while running the next disc.

Otherwise, multiple discs run just fine.

Finally, even if savestates for later versions aren't compatible, the games' own saves should still be (memory card files on PS1, for instance), so you could use these when changing versions.

The Following User Says Thank You to Eztran For This Useful Post:
ok.. thanks..So I assume the smartest thing to do then is to wait for v. 0.4.0 to come out so that I can be sure that my progress in the game wont be in vain and I can "change discs"..

what about the game touch pad then.. how can I get a moving control pad like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70PTa827ymg or an eight-way moving game pad? It's really hard to play with only four way gamepad..

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ France
Originally Posted by Slayer1st View Post
what about the game touch pad then.. how can I get a moving control pad like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70PTa827ymg or an eight-way moving game pad? It's really hard to play with only four way gamepad..
Your video is an old version. In 0.3, if I remember well (I'm using the 0.4 beta version right now and the input system has been changed), even if only 4 buttons are displayed, it is just a theme. It is a 8-way Dpad, and the touch surface is like that :

And I think there are even settings to configure the size of the 4 diagonal buttons somewhere.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AGui For This Useful Post:
Oh I see. Yeah there are settings to edit the size of the pad, I've tried them... but for me the moving pad works only four-way for some reason, even though I have version 0.3.0. I dont know why ... All the other controls are working really smoothly.

EDIT: sorry to bother you guys on this matter, I was a bit hasty with trying to find best settings.. I almost minimized other and maxed other size setting of the pad, and now it's working at some amount. But this for sure will be better in new version

Last edited by Slayer1st; 2013-01-23 at 00:15.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by AGui View Post
Your video is an old version. In 0.3, if I remember well (I'm using the 0.4 beta version right now and the input system has been changed), even if only 4 buttons are displayed, it is just a theme. It is a 8-way Dpad, and the touch surface is like that :

And I think there are even settings to configure the size of the 4 diagonal buttons somewhere.
Did you guys get a 2nd 0.4 beta version from Elemental yet?

Last edited by automagic68; 2013-01-23 at 00:12.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ France
Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
Did you guys get a 2nd 0.4 beta version from Elemental yet?
Unfortunately no. The last beta was sent to testers at the end of September. Since then, all the news I got are from this thread, so I don't know more than you.

0.4 is quite ambitious in terms of new features, and some of them were not fully implemented. A lot of work was still needed, and Elemental is working alone. I think he is quite a perfectionist and really wants a polished version. But at the same time he has less free time to work on the project, that's why there is this delay.

The time he takes to write a changelog and to package a new beta for testers is as much time removed from actual development. So I think he wants to have the 0.4 version in a releasable state before sending it to the beta testers.

The Following User Says Thank You to AGui For This Useful Post:
Posts: 216 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Mars
Cant wait for a new version!

Just compiled emumaster 0.3.0 for fremantle:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=20

The Following User Says Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 132 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on May 2011 @ sudan
Originally Posted by xes View Post
Just compiled emumaster 0.3.0 for fremantle:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=20

i don't know if this happen to you but i tried your compiled to fremantle version .. ! but it didn't work says ..

Code:
error while loading shared libraries : libQtFeedback.so.1 :cannot open shared object file : No such file or directory !!