I just discovered by accident that the volume control also works as a zoom function! how handy is that!
I have said before I'm not a techy, so I thought I'd mention it to any other low IQ users

Yea, I love this feature. Unfortunately when the keyboard is out, I can't quite reach the rocker switch. Otherwise, this is a great feature.

isn't most nokia are like that? but yes very useful

It works very well as a zoom, super smooth and accurate, but I found out because I needed to use the volume while browsing a page...

So how do I change the volume is the question (without tabbing out of the browser)

Originally Posted by ViciousXUSMC View Post
It works very well as a zoom, super smooth and accurate, but I found out because I needed to use the volume while browsing a page...

So how do I change the volume is the question (without tabbing out of the browser)
press in the area where the signal and battery indicator are, then slide the vol with your thumb, well thats what I do

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
I personally hate this feature.. I wish it can stay only for volume!

Because it's really annoying when you're trying to watch something on full view and want to lower/higher the volume.. you have to pause the video, go out of full screen mode, tap on the clock area, then higher/lower the volume, go back to full screen, and finally resume the video.. Takes a looong time just for a simple lower/higher the volume!

We already have 2 ways to zoom in (double tap and the swirl motion zoom) why would we need more than that??

Originally Posted by bandora View Post
I personally hate this feature.. I wish it can stay only for volume!

Because it's really annoying when you're trying to watch something on full view and want to lower/higher the volume.. you have to pause the video, go out of full screen mode, tap on the clock area, then higher/lower the volume, go back to full screen, and finally resume the video.. Takes a looong time just for a simple lower/higher the volume!

We already have 2 ways to zoom in (double tap and the swirl motion zoom) why would we need more than that??
Thats what I was thinking, though I find this 3rd way to be the easiest one for me so its a love/hate relationship.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
am i the only one who find this annoying? - as it always adjusts my volume whilst zooming, and i find that really quite annoying!!
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
am i the only one who find this annoying? - as it always adjusts my volume whilst zooming, and i find that really quite annoying!!
Really annoyed about it. Especially when you are watching youtube video in fullscreen. I actually use the swirl zoom most of the time next to the double tap. In the 4 weeks i have owned N900 i have used the volume keys for zooming 2-3 times.

Drives me nuts. I use iplayer a lot and want ot change the volume not zoom in. How many methods do zoom in do you need? It seems crazy to me to provide 3 methods to zoom and none to change volume when you're surfing the web. Webpages have sounds too.

The Following User Says Thank You to wizbowes For This Useful Post: