hey.......my n900 is not turning on
i was running winSCP to connect n900.....i wantted to format all application from n900 so i started deleting usr,deb....ect file from my phone....and suddenly my n900 turned off.....and now it staring with nokia logo and again turing off.....what should i do......plz reply

i think its time to reflash mate:::...

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Did you really remove parts of your running system and expect things to work as normal??? I don't believe this!
But... If you really did this, you have to reflash the firmware to get a working device.
Edit: Here is the wiki entry http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

Last edited by michaaa62; 2011-07-28 at 08:18.

Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Did you really remove parts of your running system and expect things to work as normal??? I don't believe this!
But... If you really did this, you have to reflash the firmware to get a working device.
That's the main reason why consumer phones are unrooted. Because average people thinks that it's like any other USB/Media peripherals where you could delete all files and folders and your device is as good as new. The heck I even doubt they know what file system is.

The Following User Says Thank You to Radicalz38 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
What were you thinking? Oh, wait...

Ah well. Perhaps, before attempting to reflash, you could spend a couple of minutes studying this... It might help you in the future, not to remove the wheels from the car you are trying to drive, or placing the steering wheel in the trunk, just because you think your car looks better that way.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Czech Republic
can someone help...
yesterday I installed qt lockscreen and rebooted the n900 just to see that is not turning on. it just shows nokia and in the left down corner "installing new software 5%..." and that is it.

Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Originally Posted by Mofity View Post
can someone help...
yesterday I installed qt lockscreen and rebooted the n900 just to see that is not turning on. it just shows nokia and in the left down corner "installing new software 5%..." and that is it.
I have QtLockscreen installed and it works flawlessly... Did u install something besides that??

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
That's the main reason why consumer phones are unrooted. Because average people thinks that it's like any other USB/Media peripherals where you could delete all files and folders and your device is as good as new. The heck I even doubt they know what file system is.
actually you can remove anything you can while plugging the device just like usb stick to the pc.

but removing stuff you don't know via sftp, I hope OP is a troll...
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
This is a wind up right?.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by funkmunk View Post
I have QtLockscreen installed and it works flawlessly... Did u install something besides that??
no, I have installed just that... I supose it is from the battery, because I did not pay attention how charged it was