Active Topics

thx man

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ France
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7026

The Following User Says Thank You to Tahitibob For This Useful Post:
I was wondering if people are still having problems getting a GPS lock with Ovi maps even after the update, it seems comments on the GPS have died down and i'm starting to think that my devices hardware is faulty.

Anyone else got this issue? The GPS is dire - it takes 5 mins to get a lock, Even when you do get a lock it fails to track you. Ovi maps is still insanely slow and ecoach usless because the GPS doesn't track you. I used to use GPS regularly on my N82 and Samsung Galaxy - the GPS on the N900 is effectively usless.

Anyone else got these issues? This needs to be fixed if possible (On top of MMS, portrait SMS/Media player etc)

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
Nope...with just GPS it tracks me within 15 seconds indoors and within 10 seconds outdoors. With A-GPS (with the internet connection on) it takes outsides roughly 4 seconds... and the tracking is great!

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
Anyone else got this issue? The GPS is dire - it takes 5 mins to get a lock, Even when you do get a lock it fails to track you. Ovi maps is still insanely slow and ecoach usless because the GPS doesn't track you. I used to use GPS regularly on my N82 and Samsung Galaxy - the GPS on the N900 is effectively usless.
Make sure from the settings->location that you are using also the network based positioning.

Last edited by sampppa; 2010-01-14 at 19:26.

gps track me indoor in 2secs (no lie) longest was 15

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by sampppa
Make sure from the settings->location that you are using also the network based positioning.
Try to change supl.nokia.com to supl.google.com. That's worked for some people... I've had no problems...

The Following User Says Thank You to tuXer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
i get a lock straight away and it tracks but i hate ovi so i never use it

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Lima-Perú
sry 4 offtopic, but in my case, I used to see just terrain/map but no streets or anything Oo... why is that?

I just see streets names and everything one time, did nothing, then again all pure terrain/map only.

do u guys know how to fix it?

Tags
lack of quality control