Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
It is more what will come and replace the smartphones.
NoPhone!!!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
NoPhone!!!
True. In fact. More true than you intended. It will be clocks. Possible to remove, connect to bigger screens, keyboard, cars and products at home.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Hell yeah!
But to be fair. It is more what will come and replace the smartphones. The discPhone. dPhone
The disc phone has come and gone. Maybe phone tattoos or implants?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
The disc phone has come and gone. Maybe phone tattoos or implants?
Could be. But as long as there is an iPhone available there is no market

Anyone buying the new iPhone?

Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
I predicted that the next phone will be organic...probably an implant.
Most likely a genital phone..
Dphone is quite apt actually ...
As it is I have seen a lot of dicks locally who use their phones while driving....
HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAAA

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
I predicted that the next phone will be organic...probably an implant.
Most likely a genital phone..
Dphone is quite apt actually ...
As it is I have seen a lot of dicks locally who use their phones while driving....
HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAAA
The first organic phones will probobly appear approximately the same time as a bottle of water cost as much as a bottle of gold. When I think of it. Gold is a complete waste of metal. How could anyone think it's worth owning. Totally useless water on the other hand. It will be expensive...

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Gold is a complete waste of metal.
Not so. Gold has a lot of very useful and unique properties. High electrical and thermal conductivity, ductility and resistance to corrosion make it invaluable in electronics. The last two make it also an excellent material for covering surfaces with.

How could anyone think it's worth owning.
Why would you and I want to own it may be questionable, but why would someone who can make use of its exclusive properties want to own it is pretty obvious. If it were common, that's where it would stop. Unfortunately it isn't, which pushes its price up, which makes it an attractive investment commodity, thus answering the question why Joe Average may want some too, even though he is not going to make electrical wires out of it.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Not so. Gold has a lot of very useful and unique properties. High electrical and thermal conductivity, ductility and resistance to corrosion make it invaluable in electronics. The last two make it also an excellent material for covering surfaces with.

Why would you and I want to own it may be questionable, but why would someone who can make use of its exclusive properties want to own it is pretty obvious. If it were common, that's where it would stop. Unfortunately it isn't, which pushes its price up, which makes it an attractive investment commodity, thus answering the question why Joe Average may want some too, even though he is not going to make electrical wires out of it.
It's use in electronic is hardly any of the main drivers behind the price.

When you think of it. If you are landowner. Do you I own it all the way down to earth's core? Or even part of the core?

It's use in electronic is hardly any of the main drivers behind the price.

When you think of it. If you are landowner. Do you I own it all the way down to earth's core? Or even part of the core?
Edit: anyway. I think the value of gold is overpriced

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Edit: anyway. I think the value of gold is overpriced
Well I think the value of BTC is overpriced, but what can you do?

Tags
countdown, dooms_day, specc is the, troll ericsson