Audio plays fine to internal speakers. When I plug in the headset, the internal speakers cut out (as they should) but I can hear no sound through the Nokia headset. This happens with other earphones too.

The Nokia headset works with my MP3 player. I have tried installing latest Diablo OS. I have reflashed back to OS 2007. Nothing fixes the lack of sound to the headset when it's plugged in.

Suggestions?

I've also flashed it to the second IT OS 2008 release for Nokia N800 (RX-34_2008SE_2.2007.51-3_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin). No luck there either.

Could the jack be damaged or a connection to the jack have gone bad? As far as I know I've never dropped the N800 or gotten it wet.

I did try to get the N800 to work with a bluetooth headset without luck ( https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2526#c11 ) but unless some settings from that effort were stored in PRAM, it seems that everything should return to factory settings when reflashed.

i've got the same problem, searching for an audio jack replacement for my n810.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I honestly was waiting for you to say something wes.

Good to see that you're still around.

How's the band going?

hey addison, good to see you here too! played a nice gig yesterday, place mostly empty, but a good singer sat in with us. - i guess it's just a matter of time until that audio jack goes. mine lasted 2 years and a month; i tried to plug my buds in and out as rarely as possible. all my mp3 players broke like that. i remember reading about fiddling around with a needle and trying to rebend the metal contact inside. that worked, but only for about a minute. i also found this:
http://andreasodegard.com/2009/05/tu...x-audio-jacks/
has anyone replaced their n800 or n810 audio jack? part source? tia.