Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
If we hand over an n900 to you will you stop crying?
If I really thought he wanted an N900, I would seriously consider taking my mint, boxed spare N900 and making a video of me inserting it in a blender, just for him

The Following User Says Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by epninety View Post
If I really thought he wanted an N900, I would seriously consider taking my mint, boxed spare N900 and making a video of me inserting it in a blender, just for him
How can you be this cruel to innocent N900!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I feel sorry that all this ends up being the most visible side of our community to F(x)tec and Chen. Chen was here long before his project because he likes the phones we like too, and eventually decided to invest money and sweat to build a device no one else built after Nokia, 90% tailored to our niche preferences, despite all risks implied.

And this is how TMO finally thanks him. Pages and pages and pages about the bashing, critics, and attention given to someone who decided to attack him and his company on every point he can, even imaginary ones, while never acknowledging when proven wrong. Most of us disagree with that capricious guy, but the visible part still is this massive fuss, and it hurts both F(x)tec and the Pro1. And surely the people behind.

Let's just stop feeding an hungry troll and post here again when we have something in our mailboxes and a much better reason to thank Chen and his team.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-10-03 at 21:28.

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
if someone promises to ship a device which is obviously not certified in time, but they still promising, that sounds more like a lie, and less like company is waiting for a miracle.
They have not promised an exact date but an approximate one...

We don't know too much about certifications, but FCC is only related to the USA, it is not much to do with other parts of the globe. Other certifications may (or may not) exists like IC / CE.

I think they found USA in a relatively late state of development as a potential main user base and maybe some telecom companies needed that certification in order to appear the device in their market or even to permit them to connect to their network.

Also, certification is usually absolutely not a one day program.

if someones takes money for an item, but brings no item in return while keeping the money, that looks more like a scam and less like a lack of management / a series of unfortunate circumstances.
They stated to refund the money anytime if somebody would like to cancel the order.
So if you have pre-ordered one, let's try if it really happens.
...but until you not proof they would keep your (or other's) money, you should not claim they will keep the money.

Also Keyboard Mod refunds are happened on user requests.

also keep in mind I'm not much comfotably waiting since my N900 is dead and there's not much sense in buying another new phone for the meantime, so I'm hanging out with the N93i which still pretty stylish but it's just a dialer...
Practically, my own N900 has also died (however, I have a somewhat repaired unit), but its hardware is rather old which makes it hardly usable nowadays.

Currently, I use a Moto G6 till my Pro1 may arrive.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VaZso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Wow, didn't visit this tread for week or so. Things really escalated quickly here. For me personally this thread is perfect example why I would never make a tech product for tech fans. Way too much hassle, complaints and never ending dissatisfaction.

I do wonder, why some people have the basic premise of attitude like "I am not happy with this, someone must pay and I must complain. I have to get everything NOW" instead of "I am not happy with this, how can I help to make it better"? What have we ever accomplished with option A? Please, don't answer, just me thinking/wondering and hoping others do the same in their mind.

Everyone, just chill. It is Friday, grab and enjoy a good beer or cocoa! At least here in Finland autumn colors are starting to look really beautiful! Maybe enjoy walk outside and only add to this tread when you have something constructive to add.

Best wishes

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Loved it and had to share

"Since there is a lot of fuzz about the things that gone wrong (especially in other forums), I wanted to point out what this project has achieved so far and how remarkable that this is.

This guys refused to let people down after the MotoMod Project got hit
They started a own phone manufacturing company without using Crowdfunding
They designed and tested a hinge so good, that nobody worries about it at all
Every feedback from prototype devices where positive, including articles from tech magazines
Answered a lot of questions to the phone at the beginning of the project
Designed three keyboard layouts, two with the community
Collected thousands of preorders
Won prices for their first phone!
Started Production
So all there is missing is the actual delivery of the phone. And the only thing that went wrong is a delay of 3 months.
Does not sound that much in comparison, does it? Sure communication wasn’t the best, but there is a lot of indicators that the phone is gonna be delivered and that it is going to be good.

So I for myself see no reason to panic or cancel the preorder but the be positive and hyped about the next few weeks!"

The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Loved it and had to share

"Since there is a lot of fuzz about the things that gone wrong (especially in other forums), I wanted to point out what this project has achieved so far and how remarkable that this is.

This guys refused to let people down after the MotoMod Project got hit
They started a own phone manufacturing company without using Crowdfunding
Every feedback from prototype devices where positive, including articles from tech magazines
Answered a lot of questions to the phone at the beginning of the project
Designed three keyboard layouts, two with the community
Collected thousands of preorders
Won prices for their first phone!
Started Production
So all there is missing is the actual delivery of the phone. And the only thing that went wrong is a delay of 3 months.
Does not sound that much in comparison, does it? Sure communication wasn’t the best, but there is a lot of indicators that the phone is gonna be delivered and that it is going to be good.

So I for myself see no reason to panic or cancel the preorder but the be positive and hyped about the next few weeks!"

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Everything you listed is significant, but this part is key. Actually the only reviews we got so far from journals or prototype events all agree that the hinge is spectacular. That, alone, deserves a lot of respect and shows the attention to details at F(x)tec.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
[...]Let's just stop feeding an hungry troll [...].
Unfortunately this failed here as at most of those troll incidents: Some people just don't comprehend that it is solely their replies / attention to the troll, which keep the troll going.
These people are an essential part of each trolling game, and IMO no better than a troll after this fact has been brought to their attention, regardless of their intentions.

This is a sad outcome, as the prerequisites were quite good: Only a single troll and many "social web" experienced, seasoned and smart people.
But one or two people who continue to feed a troll (unfortunately there are even more around here) are sufficient to completely dominate a discussion thread with their replies to the trolling. And as they keep going, the troll keeps going.

The result is always the same: A dead thread (in terms of real content), with piles of useless clutter / chatter.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Let's add some content. This https://mutantc.gitlab.io/ has been posted as something in development. Haven't looked into it, but maybe is of interest for someone on hw keyboard device thread.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit