Originally Posted by Maharadja View Post
Ok thats just stupid, we are talking about a product here not a disease...
Was windows ME named after the disease or the disease after windows ME?

meego died even before hitting the shelves? lol thats funny as hell

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Here is the latest from the BBC .....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12427680

Certainly looks promising.

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by Nokia Conversations
Nokia wouldn’t be just be another Windows Phone OEM. Nokia plans to help drive and define the future of the platform. That could include contributing expertise on hardware optimization, language support, customization of the software and helping bring Windows Phone to a larger range of price points, market segments and geographies.
Don't know if I should laugh or cry. :P

"Hey, don't worry MS, we'll do the dirty work. You just continue to focus on raking in the cash from the ecosystem, we've got you covered."

The Following User Says Thank You to jsa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to blipnl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by jsa View Post
Don't know if I should laugh or cry. :P
It's best to laugh until the tears pour down.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by alcalde View Post
Nokia doesn't have search... google has search. Does Nokia have a presence in the online advertising market? What's the current state of Nokia's marketplace? Nokia doesn't have any of these things and they're letting an honest-to-goodness software company lend them theirs or create what needs to be created rather than trying to do it all themselves.

For all those trashing WP7... whatever you think about WP7 without actually having used it... that's only half as bad as what the rest of the world thinks about MeeGo, without being able to use it. You know all those articles trashing Nokia that everyone hates? That's the same as what you're writing right now. Microsoft actually upgraded their aging OS to a new version... how's the Maemo to MeeGo transformation going, even with MeeGo being a whole lot of Moblin underneath? Help from Microsoft can't make things worse for Nokia, only better. They haven't imploded the company! They've actually gained a working OS that's being brought up to speed at a very quick rate. How is that a bad thing? They went with the partner that will give them major input on shaping how the OS works, which they would not have been able to get from Google. How is that a bad thing? Other companies put WP7 on their phones and no one screamed that companies like HTC or Dell were going to go out of business as a result. Why is this going to kill Nokia? Seriously... it would be nice if someone predicting the end of Nokia would explain why this is so bad. Please keep in mind that almost no one outside this website knows who or what a MeeGo is or uses Linux or knows what root means in a computer sense when forumulating your explanations. Also please note that the zillion iPhone users show that phone buyers don't view software as politics or ideology. Thanks.
It's bad because if you just bought a Symbian device you just got kicked in the nuts. The E71 was only released last week for heavens sake.

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted by deadmalc View Post
so meego gets released in about a year...when they smartphone market is totally different, and even worse the OS will be out of date.
windows mobile will be/ is a flop.
i dont see any way out for nokia other than selling shares now before liquidation.
shame i was hoping for a meego device, with this strategy whats the point?
sorry elop, but its not burning, it has exploded. all that is left is rubble

at least my n900 will be good enough for a few months until i work out whether it is webos or android.
and thanks for the 800/810/900 nokia! great shame!
I believe another has already asked... if WP7 is a flop what was Maemo?

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hamburg
"Welcome to the Third Ecosystem" sounds to me like "Welcome to the Third Reich"

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
potato patato

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:

Tags
bye-nokia, i don't even, just shoot him, just shoot me, let's elope, lockdown, meego?fail, negatron dan, nokia defiled, nokia suicide, sell tulips, step 8 out of 5, the-end?, www.elop.org