Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Who cares about 41 MP. The 8 MP camer on iphone gives brilliant pictures. Most of the people dont really care.

Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
It's just a kernel. Won't make such a difference. Look at webOS, it will use a standard Linux kernel when they move to "open" instead of their current one that's patched, but the environment / software stack around that is crap. Same with WP.
crap how? explain yourself

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Who cares about 41 MP. The 8 MP camer on iphone gives brilliant pictures. Most of the people dont really care.
Lots of people care about 41 MP. The iphone shoots OK pictures, not brilliant pictures. The 808 shoots brilliant pictures (as do the N8 by the way, but not so brilliant).

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean most people don't care.

Just read a good requirement for smartphone. A smartphone must be able to operate completely independent of a PC. Most smartphones do, but not WP.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by hotnikkelz View Post
crap how? explain yourself
Non-standard software stack (=no udev, DBus, X, init.d, the whole sh*t thats necessary), which makes porting FOSS software a nightmare. And i'm not satisfied with feature-restricted but oh so elegantly web-style developed crapps relying on >60px sized buttons.

One example: look at webOS. Luna is the system / app / framebuffer manager, whatever, here. Installing a JS-based(!) patch? Restart it, or even reboot. Compiled-in keyboard layouts? Yes please! (patchable in a limited way but still crap)
System takes ages to boot and it's not even doing half the work that Arch is doing when installed natively.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-04-25 at 23:05.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I just wanna get in your head and read your thought if iPhone was releasing with a 41MP sensor. You'd be like, "OMG, all others are crap, 41MP is the best, bla bla." If you say 41MP doesn't matter, than why do you record video at 1080p and not VGA?

Originally Posted by patlak View Post
I just wanna get in your head and read your thought if iPhone was releasing with a 41MP sensor. You'd be like, "OMG, all others are crap, 41MP is the best, bla bla." If you say 41MP doesn't matter, than why do you record video at 1080p and not VGA?
Don't feed Trollman

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by patlak View Post
Let's play along... first off, they wouldn't produce the 41mp number in any part of their marketing. Instead, it would be marketed as "the world's first camera that works like your own eyes... captures the infinite detail of your surroundings and stores it on an innovative phone that allows it to record what you see... announced Retina Capture." or something.

Then the specs would come out, after the fact but it'll have some caveat like you need to pay for their Aperture software - which is like $89.99 via the iTunes App Store - to fully transfer all of that detail to your computer. Speaking of your computer, you will need their new Retina Display monitor or Retina Display iMac or Retina Display enabled Mac Book Pro to enjoy such detail from your Retina Capture enabled iPhone.

Having an interpolated 41mp camera on my phone - if the colors are true and it doesn't introduce a lot of noise to lower light situations; I wouldn't mind. But if it means that I have to lock myself to a OS that I particularly do not like (I dislike Symbian, personal choice) then I have a problem. WP7 and Android don't have drivers to support that level of camera - they're struggling with 8mp and higher, can't imagine scaling up to 41mp will be easier for them.

Long story made short... Apple is better at marketing than most.

Or "how I learned to hate the words that accompany the gadgets I love."

More Nokia's money to Microsoft; well done.

http://www.pehub.com/147449/nokia-gr...ls-intermedia/
Intermedia, a Microsoft Exchange hosting provider, has received a strategic investment from Nokia Growth Partners, a global growth stage venture firm focused on mobile technology, services and media.
A mole or not a mole, that is not the question.

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dublin
I'm hearing there may be a vote of no confidence for Elop coming very shortly.. interesting times

Tags
blame game, elop the m0ron, goodbyenokia, lumiatard, mistertard, the nokia bash, what's next