Active Topics

Samsung and LG are both going to be using A9s by the end of this year. i feel its in nokias best interest to place themselves up above and beyond with an omap4440.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Eldar is saying hes 99% sure Nokia have decided N9 will not be announced at Nokia World.
If its true and they are delaying it then Nokia better ship MeeGo 1.1 on it there is no excuse not to if its not coming out for months.
enough speculating lets wait and see what next week brings b/c Eldar as been known to be wrong on lots of occasions

Originally Posted by shady View Post
Samsung and LG are both going to be using A9s by the end of this year. i feel its in nokias best interest to place themselves up above and beyond with an omap4440.
Yep, the lg optimus is said to be using the tegra 2 chip, if nokia came out with an arm cortex a8 while other phone manufactures are already releasing arm a9 it would look bad.

Hopefully it's not the case and the n9 will have a top of the line chip.

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Halifax, UK
the N9 should come with an Intel dual core chip :-D

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
Eldar is saying hes 99% sure Nokia have decided N9 will not be announced at Nokia World.
And more importantly he is saying that release is delayed to q1 rather than the q4 2010 release(or second half) as Nokia execs have been saying.
That would be such a pitty because N9 really does look good, but i'm liking my Galaxy S and will be looking at "next gen" Android phones if it takes too long to get that thing out.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
And more importantly he is saying that release is delayed to q1 rather than the q4 2010 release(or second half) as Nokia execs have been saying.
That would be such a pitty because N9 really does look good, but i'm liking my Galaxy S and will be looking at "next gen" Android phones if it takes too long to get that thing out.
not sure i believe the Q1 2011 part b/c over last couple of weeks I've still been hearing Nokia ppl mention product milestone still coming this year
for all we know the first meego/harmattan device might not even be the N9 it might be something else but unlikely .
Also Anssi in the twitter talk said he also wanted to see less time from product announcement to Shipping day, if they are putting that in to practice i still believe we will get something shipping in December and maybe announced before or at MeeGo conference.

Last edited by NvyUs; 2010-09-08 at 04:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Spain, EU
So much speculation about the N9 specs and still no mention of NFC. Ah well...

Originally Posted by xuggs View Post
http://my-maemo.com/index.php?p=6706&c=20

This sounds too good to be true but I hope it really is. This is the only way to beat the competition out there i feel.

smells like BS to me.

"ARM Cortex-A8 1 GHz processor and SGX540 GPU"

really, i was unaware that TI made an Omap3 with an SGX540 GPU............

Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
In my opinion, the n9 is Nokia's last hope. If they screw it up they will loose their high-end sales for the next several years as competitors have much more compelling devices for consumers (not geeks).

I for one will never consider Nokia again for several years if the n9 is a disappointment...

Its in Nokia's interest to throw everything they can to surpass competition. In my opinion, they should not consider making a profit on n9 so it sells well.. that's how badly Nokia needs a huge hit right now.
agreed, which is why i think Omap4 is so important.

Originally Posted by matthew maude View Post
the N9 should come with an Intel dual core chip :-D
that would be an utter disaster!