Notices

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2014 @ iran, tehran
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
WHATSAPP servers are blocking Yappari because it uses an older version of the protocol. At least, that is what the smart people think is happening.

If they are correct, you will not be able to login until changes are made to Yappari. There is a possibility that those changes will not be made to Yappari.

so you mean non of you can use the yappari?

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Hi

I'm uploading version 1.1.55; it's already linked on the first post. For me, this doesn't solve anything at all, at least for now.

The only hope I have now is that this is a 24 hour ban on older clients and that maybe in a few hours we will have access again.

This is all I can do for the moment, it won't cause any harm to try it, but don't bring up your hopes.

Regards

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
:
Originally Posted by ceene View Post
hi

i'm uploading version 1.1.55; it's already linked on the first post. For me, this doesn't solve anything at all, at least for now.

The only hope i have now is that this is a 24 hour ban on older clients and that maybe in a few hours we will have access again.

This is all i can do for the moment, it won't cause any harm to try it, but don't bring up your hopes.

Regards

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by hanie View Post
so you mean non of you can use the yappari?
Yes. And the update mentioned above will not solve it either. ceene mentions a 24hr block that he hopes will be lifted. If that happens then Yappari will work again. If it does not happen, then the problem is quite a big one to get solved. And it may not be.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
Yes. And the update mentioned above will not solve it either. ceene mentions a 24hr block that he hopes will be lifted. If that happens then Yappari will work again. If it does not happen, then the problem is quite a big one to get solved. And it may not be.
Now I'm very sad.
Thank you so much my friend.

The Following User Says Thank You to hanie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
so we have to wait for the new protocol on yappari

in the meanwhile, what about yowsup on N900? it can work as CLI? https://github.com/tgalal/yowsup

we can even start to write a UI for wazapp/openwhatsapp for N900 if the yappari fix will not come

from http://openwhatsapp.org/develop/

Currently there is no client for Maemo 5, although it's planned to have one. If don't want to wait, you can start one yourself. To get you started:

Maemo 5 runs python2.5
Maemo 5 has PySide
Maemo 5 has QtQuick 1.0

OpenWhatsapp for N9 (Wazapp) is in python + PySide, and uses QtQuick 1.1 + Meego components. So you just need to write a UI to have a working version

The Following User Says Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by gianko View Post
so we have to wait for the new protocol on yappari

in the meanwhile, what about yowsup on N900? it can work as CLI? https://github.com/tgalal/yowsup

we can even start to write a UI for wazapp/openwhatsapp for N900 if the yappari fix will not come

from http://openwhatsapp.org/develop/
Licenses are compatible, so maybe it's possible to port current Yappari's UI over yowsup...

The UI is primary written to .ui files that can be easily compiled for python, the code itself cannot.

The other way to approach this is to generate .cpp compatible wrappers around yowsup python's code.

It may work.

The Following User Says Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
hi all,

Since 1 day I could not log in in yappari any more
It starts the registration with handy-number...

then I tried the new version:

I get with version 1.1.55 the following error:

"Registration couldn't be completed
Server response was: bad_token"

what can be the reason for that?

thanks in advance!

best greetings,

Jonny

Originally Posted by ceene View Post
Licenses are compatible, so maybe it's possible to port current Yappari's UI over yowsup...

The UI is primary written to .ui files that can be easily compiled for python, the code itself cannot.

The other way to approach this is to generate .cpp compatible wrappers around yowsup python's code.

It may work.
Btw, how sure is it that this is a protocol issue? I was looking at my phone's behaviour and the WA server drops the connection after Yappari sends a challenge response.
Hence perhaps the response is generated incorrectly, indicating a different login authentication scheme?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trancethrust For This Useful Post:
Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Originally Posted by yonybe View Post
hi all,

Since 1 day I could not log in in yappari any more
It starts the registration with handy-number...

then I tried the new version:

I get with version 1.1.55 the following error:

"Registration couldn't be completed
Server response was: bad_token"

what can be the reason for that?

thanks in advance!

best greetings,

Jonny
Hi Mate,

try to read the previous posts, you will surely find good answers.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post:

Tags
whatsapp, yappari