Active Topics

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
I joined this forum a little over two years ago when I bought my N900. The phone was a revelation at the time and it has been the best phone I have ever owned in over 20 years of mobile use.

After a 5 minute dunk in a swimming pool and two years of hard usage time has come for a change. The n900 still works, after a good dry out, but it is getting a bit creaky.

So after a LOT of deliberation I have purchased an N9. It’s not arrived yet so I am doing prep. This forum has been invaluable for Maemo N900 stuff and back in the days prior to Nokia MS link up it looked like the forum would change to MeeGo and the Maemo device areas would co exist as they have always done. However MeeGo seems to have moved on and this forum looks like it will remain as mainly a Maemo community area.

So the thing is where will my new forum home for all things N9 be, is it here or the MeeGo forum or somewhere else.

Also are there any good MeeGo resources I need to familiarise myself with. I have a host of N900 Maemo bookmarks but my N9 folder is looking very light.

Your help and advice greatly appreciated.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
You are joking right? This talk.maemo.org has been taken over by bloody N9's and their bloody Meego!

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Darmstadt, Germany
As my previous smartphones were always running Symbian, I'm new to this Maemo/MeeGo community. But I think this forum is a very good source for N9, too.

But well, there is the official MeeGo forum, of course.
http://forum.meego.com/

For some hacks: http://everythingn9.com/

And for apps:
http://my-meego.com/
( http://n9-apps.com/ )

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to simonizer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
This forum is by far the most extensive source and help for N9...
http://my-meego.com/software/index.php is always a source for the newest apps for N9..

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jleholeho For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Originally Posted by jedi View Post
You are joking right? This talk.maemo.org has been taken over by bloody N9's and their bloody Meego!
erm, you DO know this is the subforum for N9(50) users right? what's with the fuss?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Jeffrey04 View Post
erm, you DO know this is the subforum for N9(50) users right? what's with the fuss?
It always seems to happen right around the release of a new device. I still had a Nokia N810 when the Nokia N900 came out. Thought it was nigh impossible to get any N810 news.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
It always seems to happen right around the release of a new device. I still had a Nokia N810 when the Nokia N900 came out. Thought it was nigh impossible to get any N810 news.
but it does get very frustrating to see the hostility towards N9 users like we don't deserve to discuss about N9-related stuff here :/

The Following User Says Thank You to Jeffrey04 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by Jeffrey04 View Post
Yeah Jeffrey, I've been here for sometime so yes, I DO know that thanks.

I tend to browse the site by clicking the "New Posts", and unfortunately for me I see a whole load of N9 stuff which is of zero interest to me...

And then someone comes along and says "where can I find the N9 stuff" - !!

Remember the URL - MAEMO.org!

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by jedi View Post
And then someone comes along and says "where can I find the N9 stuff" - !!

Remember the URL - MAEMO.org!
Well I appreciate that and it was the reason for my question

And thanks to all those who have posted with useful information above, I shall only sully these parts with N900 Maemo queries in the future MeeGo was at one point Maemo 6 IIRC.

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
lol must suck eh, I feel the same when kindle forums are now more toward the 4th gen ones instead of the 3rd gen I currently have but well that's life. Btw no matter how much nokia want to call this meego, for me N9's Os is always maemo6.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post: