Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by frals View Post
Wow - already done with a review (no p right?) before the product is finished, that's just awesome!
Almost all of his reviews could/should be renamed previews.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by frals View Post
Wow - already done with a review (no p right?) before the product is finished, that's just awesome!
they are very helpful actually, it helps make the choice of preordering and waiting to try it out in the store before purchasing.

Thank god for N97 previews, would have kicked myself for preordering that pile of crap

The Following User Says Thank You to bugelrex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Serbia, Belgrade
I respect his opinion.
BTW from his twitter:
So for person who are so afraid that my FW N900 not so up to date. I renew FW several times per last weeks from 34-14FW, HW is final.enjoy

The Following User Says Thank You to kopte3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
why does everyone keep saying hes well respected, if he was not getting leaked prototypes nobody would even visit is site.
he does not get respect for is writing as far as I'm concerned, its more about people wanting to see is new leak.
i have read some real crap reviews on is site slamming stuff whats gone on to sell a million units a month.
The way i look at it is eldars site is the equivalent of a trashy tabloid what likes to shock for sales. sites like AAS are like the classy broadsheet and i cant wait for there Maemo site to launch

Last edited by NvyUs; 2009-09-23 at 16:55.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Ahh... Eldar I do like his reviews but after reading his twitter posts he just comes off as some whinny little arse. His reasons for not liking the n900 now seem to change from one tweet to another.

My guess he's just jumping on the Nokia hate wagon with all the other major tech blogs. Don't expect good reviews from Slash Gear, Engadget or Gizmodo either

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by Ovek View Post
Ahh... Eldar I do like his reviews but after reading his twitter posts he just comes off as some whinny little arse. His reasons for not liking the n900 now seem to change from one tweet to another.

My guess he's just jumping on the Nokia hate wagon with all the other major tech blogs. Don't expect good reviews from Slash Gear, Engadget or Gizmodo either
The screen is resistive, how on earth Engadget and Gizmodo reviews can be positive?!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wazd For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Eldar confessed to Tim Samoff on Twitter that he has an unauthorized prototype, and he doesn't want Nokia to be able to track it down.

Originally Posted by edgar2 View Post
update: well according to this, it might be 34-14FW? so now it should be possible to rule out the possibility of old firmware being the reason for bad experiences.
That's actually quite old; older than Nokia World firmware (which was not crippled for PR reasons, what a load of crap).

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by edgar2 View Post
it might be 34-14FW? so now it should be possible to rule out the possibility of old firmware being the reason for bad experiences.
No, it doesn't.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Eldar confessed to Tim Samoff on Twitter that he has an unauthorized prototype, and he doesn't want Nokia to be able to track it down.

That's actually quite old; older than Nokia World firmware (which was not crippled for PR reasons).
Nokia 1 Eldar 0

And "respect" he had previously with me - just went the way of the dodo

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Nokia 1 Eldar 0

And "respect" he had previously with me - just went the way of the dodo
hahaha, just pwned!
i suggest: FINISH HIM !!!

Tags
eldar, nokia n900 preview