Posts: 59 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Espoo, Finland
I just tried to use an external GPS device with my N900 to get better accuracy and it worked well. But any of the programs I tried could not show the satellite information, it just says that it is using 0/0 satellites. Mappero even seems to say that there is no fix at all. But from the positioning data I can definately say that it has a good 3D satellite fix.

The external GPS device was Nokia LD-3W.

Is this a known problem, or is the LD-3W just too old reciever for this? Is it an issue with the N900 GPS-subsystem or is the issue in the GPS using programs? Of course the main thing is to have the location data, but not beeing able to see the location data still made me wonder about this.

I too have a similar issue trying to use my external Holux GPS receiver. I originally bought the Holux it for my 5700 and it worked great for two years. Now that i have my N900 and find that it is a little behind with directions, i tried the Holux and i get no satellite syncs. Well at least it says it doesnt. The Holux is much better GPS receiver so I want to use it when in the car.