Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
hello all,

i just bought TOSHIBA FOLIO 100, running ANDRIOD 2.2 on NVIDIA processor. after using it i noticed it is not that good... i mean it's not worth running ANDROID on it so i'd like to switch it to MEEGO, but is it possible????

i've read the installation guide on this site and it says "Platforms with the GMA-500, Nvidia, or ATI graphics chipsets are not supported"....

but i am still hoping that with such a big team working for this open source project maybe some wil be able to tell me the way for this....

thanks for all you support

rgds
ravi

Android works good on it, its just Toshiba's horrid coding.
Dexter owns one and has come up with some fixes, see http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-it-was-meant/

But MeeGo would be sweet. Just need to wait for MeeGo to release for ARM (current version is not great) or some MeeGo devices to roll out.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
MeeGo would be a little bit difficult.
But it is possible and relatively easy to install the complete Ubuntu.
Should be the better and easier choice.

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Android works good on it, its just Toshiba's horrid coding.
Dexter owns one and has come up with some fixes, see http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-it-was-meant/

But MeeGo would be sweet. Just need to wait for MeeGo to release for ARM (current version is not great) or some MeeGo devices to roll out.
thanks a lot for the suggestion... i tried it but it give me error... while following the instructions...

e: Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk1p1
no such file or directory
e: can't mount SDCARD:command
e: can't mount DEFAULT_PATH
finding update package...

again the same errors and at last

Installation aborted
Formatting MISC.....

could you please help me this.... i'm just getting frustrated

thanks a lot
ravi

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
xda-developers or meego.com would be a much better place for these questions...

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

@ cfh11: thanks a lot... my initial question was about meego and i think in this fourm is about the same. but if still it bothers you or it is wrong in anyway... please the moderator should post his comment and close this discussion...

rgds
ravi

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by raviainani View Post
@ cfh11: thanks a lot... my initial question was about meego and i think in this fourm is about the same. but if still it bothers you or it is wrong in anyway... please the moderator should post his comment and close this discussion..
I'm pretty sure that he just meant that you can get better answers in those places.

@ juahan: i know... i was frustrated so wrote this....

@cfh11: sorry for this rude statement.... actually tried meego.com but there were no replies.... hope you understand

rgds
ravi

@raviainani you need to search xda (and google for other android development boards) and get a good version of Froyo running.

Don't waste your time with ubuntu, at its current incarnation, it wont float your boat.

Feel free to come back after 6 months to ask the same question (not being rude), to give time for MeeGo to develop and have enough resources to support the Tegra2/Folio 100 architecture.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post: