Active Topics

Well. Mythbusters special episode that addressed a few conspirithists(sp) theories about the "Faked" moonlanding.

Including:
The flag flapping in no wind
The Footprint
Slowmotion camera for moon jumping
Shadows and multiple lights
Man made objects on the moon

Unlike usual mythbusters episodes, every single one of these myths were busted.

Looks like we landed on the moon, according to them.

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
I would use the word "conspiracy" in that case.

Personally, I always thought it was real. Actually, we talked about the conspiracy theories in my Physics class one day, and busted all of them with logic :-p Still, it was a good episode, even if I only saw the second half.

I think it's already been pretty conclusively proved that NASA never landed on the moon. E.g.: http://stuffucanuse.com/fake_moon_la...n_landings.htm

Well, you better tell that to parks and all the people in Australia which used the dish to send live pictures of the moon walk and have all the data to back that up, so they must be in on it as well. Also, my science teacher told me that If you send a laser aimed at a location on the moon, Nasa has left a refractor???? up there so we on earth can measure the distance to the moon down to the inch daily and its being done by scientists all over the world using what Nasa left there. Saw a video on youtube where you can see the light bouncing off the moon. If we didn't go to the moon, then this wouldn't be possible to get such accurate readings, plusthere would be a hell of a lot of people around the world in on this hoax

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
You all completely miss the point. The fake moonlanding conspiracy theory, as well as most of the material "proving" this, has actually been produced and leaked by NASA themselves, to cover up the fact that Armstrong & Co did not go to the Moon to beat the Ruskis or even to do some whacky science, but rather to meet and establish first contacts with visitors from alternate universe K-299-Zorg (who made a slight miscalculation).

What a fatal mistake this will soon prove to have been...
[Mwooohaahahahahahahahaaah!!!!]

(I really think my evil laugh is getting better. What do you think? Blog me)

As one of those who actually watched the whole shebang on TV at the time you won't get me to believe it was faked.. the technology at the time was so crappy that there _wasn't_ any way you could fake the scenes and everything around it. It wouldn't look more real than any 50's sci-fi B movie. (I think the most sophisticated effects at the time were all in the 1968 "2001, a Space Odyssey" film, which still wouldn't convince anyone).

Besides, there would have had to be tens of thousands of people in on it.

@callanish: You're correct. The astronauts left a few small mirrors there, they are to this day used for measuring the earth-moon distance _exactly_ (down to a centimeter or better), you can actually measure that the moon is slowly moving away from earth.

Last edited by TA-t3; 2008-08-28 at 11:24.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I enjoyed the show. Those guys are awesome.

Well, you better tell that to parks and all the people in Australia which used the dish to send live pictures of the moon walk and have all the data to back that up, so they must be in on it as well. Also, my science teacher told me that If you send a laser aimed at a location on the moon, Nasa has left a refractor???? up there so we on earth can measure the distance to the moon down to the inch daily and its being done by scientists all over the world using what Nasa left there. Saw a video on youtube where you can see the light bouncing off the moon. If we didn't go to the moon, then this wouldn't be possible to get such accurate readings, plusthere would be a hell of a lot of people around the world in on this hoax
You did look at my link didn't you..?!

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
the fun thing about conspiracies is that any attempt at disproving them can be seen as an attempt at covering up "the truth"...

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
lardman,

omg you are right, there is more footage of a supposed moon landing here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HArUmqqiL0s